Long Distance Relationship....and traveling to see him

Hey everyone. My boyfriend lives 600 miles away from me. Right now he doesn't have a car and we havent seen eachother in 4 months. I love him so much and I miss him more than anything. I am supposed to go see him this weekend but I'm so scared of the long drive. It will take me 7 or more hours to get there, and my car is a 1994 with 130,000 miles on it. I am prepared to go and see him but this morning I was talking to my brother and his friend and they say they dont even want me to think about driving that long alone, or at all. My boyriend told me he will be upset if I dont come and whenever I say Im scared he says well just dont come then ( but I know hes aggravated).

I dont know anything about cars so I really dont kno what I should do. I had a tune up this week and an oil change too. If you were me would you take this trip or wait awhile till he can just move here with me??

Hey

Well I dont know the entire condition of your car but I have a long distance bf as well and if i could drive to him I would. Its been four months since you have seen eachother I would be going crazy. I would make sure you drove in the daylight and make sure you have extra money incase the car breaks down. Good luck!!

Hi there,

Your brother and your friend are not completely off by being concerned. That is quite a bit of mileage on your car and 600 miles in a long drive. How is the condition of the car right now? Have you kept up with the preventitive maintence on the vehicle, such as oil changes, trannie maintence, brakes, fluids fushed and so forth?

Also, do you have any roadside assistance such as Triple A or the like, a cell phone in case you run into trouble?

One thing is irking me about your post and that is your boyfriend's lack of concern for you driving 600 miles ALONE in an older vehicle. Why doesn't he meet you half way like paying for some of your gas money or take a bus to see you? That is what would bother me the most at thos point.

I agree.... If I could go see my bf I would. I would make sure to have either extra money or a credit card, make sure you drive during the day, and make sure to have a cell phone. Make sure people at home know the route you are going to take to get there so if you happen to break down they would be able to find you fairly easy. I would deffinatley do all things possible to see my bf if I hadn't seen him in four months though. Good luck!

One thing is irking me about your post and that is your boyfriend's lack of concern for you driving 600 miles ALONE in an older vehicle. Why doesn't he meet you half way like paying for some of your gas money or take a bus to see you? That is what would bother me the most at thos point.

definitely.

He will be upset if you do not go to him, but could he not come see you?

You have a lot of concern for his feelings, but his response to your fear does not suggest he is returning the care.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally think not seeing your boyfriend for four months is the issue. If you can only see your boyfriend once everyone four months-- I'd seriously consider breaking up. It's just not fair. I'd be too depressed. Regarding the drive--- I'm in a LDR and my boyfriend lives 4 hours away. My car is a 2002--so it's not a real issue. You should ask a mechanic to check you car and give you advice on the probability of it breaking down. If you are driving in a populated area and your car is rendered "safe" by the mechanic, I'd go for it. If you have to drive through a desert or something where there are few exits/civilization... I'd try to take a friend with you. Hope it works out.

Um, can you fly instead? If you're that far apart, I'm sure there's an airport near by. it might be cheaper since gas is expensive and you'll be filling up frequently since you have an older car. Then he can pick you up or you can take a shuttle to his place