It has been 8 weeks since my breakup.

Here is a summary of my story.

I am 40 years old.

After 7 weeks, he finally contacted me last week. He told me that he has been crying a lot and is torn up inside. He always wanted to marry an Asian woman and I am not Asian. He loves me, but he doesn't know if he can get over the fact that I am not Asian.

He said that I am extremely special and his best friend in the world. But, he doesn't want to hurt me if a few years down the road he meets an Asian woman.

I told him that I miss him and still love him, but this is something he has to work out in his own mind. I told him he is welcome to contact me if something changes.

I feel a little better that it is not something that I did or said to cause the breakup. I guess the conversation gave me a little closure.

But, I am still crying for several hours each day. It is worst when I go out of the house or go out with friends. Every time I see couples with their kids, I think about the fact that I probably will never have kids.

It took me 23 years to fall in love one time. What are the chances that I will ever find someone again? What if it takes longer than 23 years this time around?

When I am home alone, I am a little better than a few weeks ago. I go a few hours at a time without crying.

Still can barely eat though.

I feel like he has all the power. He took away all my dreams.

hey i just wanted to offer some words of encouragement. I know things seem awful right now. I am in your same situation. The site & the people on it are here to help you get through these tough times we can get there together. I know it seems like he has the power I feel the same about my situation but the only way to gain back that power is to go out have fun & pretend if you have to. The right guy probably isn't going to knock on your door so its best to keep going the best you can. I know how hard it is right now. I wish there was some other way myself but for now no contact is the best way. Don't answer when he calls. Let him wonder let him miss you. you never know what could happen. I hope you found some comfort in my words. Keep your chin up & remember you are not alone . We are always here for you!! God Bless