If you like your CO-WORKER, and you found she/he has the same feelings for you. Would you date your co-worker?

AND

If you found out that your SUPERVISOR likes you, and you like him/her too. But, your intimidated by his/her status with the company. Would you risk your reputation, and ask him/her out?

I wouldn't date a supervisor unless I didn't care about my job. What are you going to do if things go bad in the relationship, and that person has power over you?

As for a co worker, as long as we didn't have to work directly together, why not. I wouldn't want to have to be in the same room all the time if we split up.

A

Good question. I would also love to hear the stories from people who have done this...and how it turned out.

I have to agree that I do not think dating a supervisor is a great idea. Most companies these days also have "rules" against doing so.

I think dating a co-worker is fine, but yes you have to be prepared for the fall out....

dating a co-worker, I would do that instantly without even hesitating if we both have the feelings. Love is way more important to me than a career, but even if it wasn't, I am sure it wouldn't be any danger to my job. I would make sure though that we don't bring our privat life to our jobs. Nothing more annoying than two love-fools giggling around at the office, I know that much!!

A supervisor though.. well I would only do that if the feelings were very strong and the job wouldn't be so important for me, and it would be easy to move to another company.

~Glassbell

• 1 month later...

some statistic i saw somewhere said that you're most likely to find your partner via work. Well, that makes me shudder given the mob of neanderthals I work with...

the balance of power isn't exactly balanced when you're dating your supervisor. and as y'all pointed out, if things go AWOL even with your co-worker, can make for some pretty tense moments by the coffee pot and fax machine. But still, if you thought they were the love of your life, all sensibility would go out the window no doubt.