I don't understand him

So, alot of you probably remember me posting numerous threads about a boyfriend a while ago. We broke up right around my birthday in February. Our relationship was always back and forth, back and forth, because of him, not me. He never knew what he wanted. We'd get real close, then he'd back off and say he was confused. So, he was the one to break it off, and was with another girl the next day. After they broke up, he sent me a text right away saying "i'm single" and I ignored it. He called the next day and I answered. We had a few conversations after that. I told him about the guy I'd met while in Cali and he told me about a few girls he was interested in. Then, a couple weeks ago he called me to ask me to hang out. We were in the middle of making plans (he's a great guy, fun to hang out with... but thats all I want from him) and he said "wait, do you think we're ready for this??" and I said (jokingly) "well you're just going to have to control yourself" and he freaked out and said "no, I'm not ready.. I can't do this.." he hasn't talked to me since. Sent me an email saying sorry for being ackward but that he still had feelings for me... well if he had feelings why did he treat me like his little rag doll for the past year, pulling me back and forth... I just don't get it. I did want to stay friends cuz he's a blast to hang out with... but for some reason he seems to be trying to play a guilt trip on me... like... "i broke up with you but stil expected you to be here when I wanted you back, just like all the other times"... should I just let him go? That means losing a good friend, but possibly that may be my only choice?

Sounds like this guy has some major issues. Don't let him make you feel guilty. Sometimes its just not possible to continue a friendship w/an ex lover. I know how you feel. I've been tossed around like a rag doll too. It hurts and its really confusing. Don't allow it people to do it to you. You're better then that.

• 3 weeks later...