okay so i dont want to bore you guys too much but i have an interview in two days for a bank job (im assuming as a teller but not sure). anyways im wondering if there is anything i should prepare myself for and was also wondering if i should wear a blazer of some sort (im planning on black dress pants with a white collar shirt) thankss guys

Prepare yourself for some standard get to know you type questions:

Tell me about yourself

Give me a rundown on your strengths

What are areas you feel you need to improve

Why do you want to work here? What do you feel you can contribute?

What do you know about our company?

And then like the others said, dress professionally and just be yourself.

Good luck!

(im assuming as a teller but not sure)

If you're going in for an interview, you really ought to know exactly what position it is for. Be prepared to answer questions associated with any job qualifications. Try to connect your previous work experiences to these qualifications. Furthermore, sit-up straight, look at the employer in the eye at least 95% of the time. It shows that you are paying attention to him or her. Smile.

Show them how you can be an asset to their company. Again, connect your previous work experiences to this. "I can be a great asset to company x because at my previous job, I had to work in a very fast-paced environment and worked with a team every day..." Don't say exactly that. It is just an example.

Oh, and don't talk about yourself too much. Do talk about your past experiences, but only if you're connecting them to the job or company you're interviewing for.

The night before the interview, research their company a little. Take a little time to go over their mission statement, values, and maybe their business model if they have one on the website. Employers are very impressed when they see a candidate has taken the time to research their company.

Finally, good luck! There are always many opportunities out there in case this one doesn't work out. So don't be too nervous!

hey guys thanks alott for the advice. my interview was on friday and it went really well, i mean he basically explained how each answer was perfectly suited to the job and how i came accross as not nervous and friendly. he said how they have a few other candidates but not many and they are hiring two. they will be making callbacks during the last week of this month and told me to call during that time as well. i then offered him my cell number which he wrote down and that was it. he was very nice and im just wondering if this is how they react with everyone you know to make them feel good? lol. but yeah thanks for the advice and it seemed to have went well. so just let me know if this is normal or not. thanks a bunch.