I came out to an old friend on facebook!!!!!

Hey guys!! Something great happened just now! Where can I start? Well I caught up with an old high school friend on facebook & we traded cell phone numbers. I am real good friends with her & we go back since the 2nd grade. We talked alot in high school & we sorta lost contact for a good time until now. So she called my cell phone & we talked for a long time & we did alot of catching up. So I asked her could I tell her something about myself & she wouldn't flip out. She said sure what is it? I told her I was gay.

She laughed & she was like, oh is that it? ! She said that she always thought I was gay but she wasn't 100% sure until now. She said she figured that a long time ago when it seemed like I never talked about girls or had a girlfriend on my shoulder. She laughed & went on to say, a good looking brotha like yourself had to be gay if you didn't have a female by now lol, no offense.Then she said that I am her friend & that she still loves me! She still lives in the area & we'll be going to the same college in the fall!! She's not in college yet either!

She asked if I was talking to somebody & I said sorta. I told her that I'm talking with a dude off the net. She told me to be careful & all of that jazz. She was like we should hang out sometime & talk about guys! I was like yeah sure! We just talked a little bit more until she had to leave for work!

This really made my day!! I said to myself, since I started talking to her again, I might as well tell her now before our friendship progress again.Now I feel like it might be a little easier to come out to my other friends!! I really got motivation from Foxlocke's post about coming out to his mother! That helped alot! Also it's just not Foxlocke but everyone on here has helped me tremendously in ways that family couldn't even help sad as it is. I really consider you guys family!

She said that she always thought I was gay but she wasn't 100% sure until now. She said she figured that a long time ago when it seemed like I never talked about girls or had a girlfriend on my shoulder. She laughed & went on to say, a good looking brotha like yourself had to be gay if you didn't have a female by now lol, no offense.Then she said that I am her friend & that she still loves me!

Way to go! She sounds like a sweetie, too. (And she's right about you being good looking, lol!) I bet most of your friends will be just as supportive.