afraid of rejection

sg23

Well first of all, rejection is inevitable. Most people get rejected. I have, and you probably will be also. The question is not if you are going to be rejected, but how you will deal with it. The best way is to just learn and try again. Don't worry about your ego. Just keep trying. If one girl says no, try another one. If she says no, try another one. Keep trying until you find one who says yes to you. Its unreasonable to expect everyone to like you...some people simply won't. So you just have to keep going from person to person, no matter how painful rejection may be, until you find one who appreciates you as much as you appreciate them.

How to overcome your fear...just get out there and ask some girlies out (i am presuming you are a guy...sorry if you are a girl....). But the point is, just get out there and do it.

I know my shyness and fear of rejection even has me totally avoiding those that I am attracted to the most. It is sad, because the girl that I would want to get to know I would end up going out of my way to avoid even running into her, as my fear of rejection or being shy and unconfident is way more powerful inside than my will to better my life relationships.

Don't get me wrong, I really really wish I could get better relationships, but the power of shyness and nonconfidence is incredible.

I can do that ok. My problem is my shy fear of rejection keeps me from ever leading a conversation towards relationship kinds of connection. I can talk all day about the weather or factual events that happened, but girls seem to get bored with that quickly and move on. My record of messing up has it so now I am expecting to be rejected after a date or two, so now I am getting scared to even try. Any girl I am attracted to I always feel deep down inside that she is out of my league and will dump me the instant she finds out how boring and shy i am.

Which is my point.

If you try to talk to someone who youre not actually attracted to, failure is nothing to you, nor is rejection, it doesn't phase you because you didnt want them anyway.

Thats how you need to look at it, right now you are thinking "she's too hot for me", get that our of your head, you have to look down on them just like you look down on the uglier females, that's when you know you have confidence.

Which is my point.

If you try to talk to someone who youre not actually attracted to, failure is nothing to you, nor is rejection, it doesn't phase you because you didnt want them anyway.

Thats how you need to look at it, right now you are thinking "she's too hot for me", get that our of your head, you have to look down on them just like you look down on the uglier females, that's when you know you have confidence.

That's good advice.

As for me, though, I tend to avoid conversing with unattractive girls. I'd hate to make them feel as though I'm interested when I'm not. I just could not stand to lead them on, thinking I like them, when in reality I do not. Even if it would boost my confidence or whatever, I'd rather not flirt with girls I am not attracted to. (Just seems mean, IMO.)