Setback on the road to recovery

I hate this feeling.

Just a few days ago, I was happy and enjoying life as it is. I realized that I wanted more, I wanted better, and I was set out to reach that. I decided that breaking up was the best for me and my ex. I saw myself with other men, even went on a date.

This afternoon when I was walking home, I saw my ex with his new "friend". I saw them kiss.

I went home and had a cry-fest. The thing is, I don't know why I was upset. I couldn't tell why seeing them bothered me. I thought that maybe I was upset because I didn't expect him to find someone so soon. My friends suggested that maybe I wanted to be the one who found another partner first. Maybe it was because she was beautiful, maybe I'm not over him, maybe I wanted revenge on him for hurting me, but he's a step ahead of me. Maybe this would be different if I had someone in my life.

I don't know why I'm upset. Help anyone?

I agree with the prior two posts.

My ex and I are over and I'm happy for her finding someone new but I find it tough knowing that she has someone new and I don't. It's natural to feel this way. You made choices wanting your life to be moving forward and you see his as doing that and not yours. It hurts. Be strong though. It's all about perspective. Just because he's kissing someone doesn't mean it's a good relationship - she might be a freak! Better to move ahead in positive way when everything is right rather than force it.

Don't be stressed about this, you can't just turn off your feelings about someone you had such a deep connection with and it is hard seeing them with someone else. But you said yourself you were feeling happy with life so this is no reason to change It's just a fact of breaking up, you and the other person will eventually find someone else.