help me not become the crazy girlfriend

I met a guy while I was traveling, we hit it off instantly and spent the next three months traveling together. We spent every waking and sleeping moment together exploring new places. The last month I even brought him home to met my family and friends. We constantly told each other how happy we were and we both even said the 'i'm falling in love with you' phrase. By the second month of traveling together, we decided we'd be boyfriend and girlfriend. It was pure bliss until the traveling had to come to an end and now we are both at our respective homes, separated by an ocean.

Before we parted, we said that we'd stay together but we knew it would be hard. He mentioned he had been in LDR's that didn't work in the past, and from what I gather, he was hurt in the past. It's been a week since we've been apart and I'm having a really hard time. I've emailed him and chatted online a few times, but because he is just getting back home from being away 8 months, he's quite busy catching up on things. The last email I got from him was 4 days ago in response to my long emails and all it said was 'wanted to let you know i'm thinking of you, but don't have the time to respond now. miss you! Love, ' I haven't heard from him since.

I know he is busy and probably isn't near a computer, but I really miss hearing from him. I am not having jealous thoughts at all, I just really want to hear what's going on in his life. I could txt him, but I don't want to be that crazy girlfriend who won't give space. Should I just fight the urge to talk to him until he settles things at home and responds?

Thanks for the advice!

He probably is busy. 8 months away is a long time and to get resituated is tiring. I would say if you dont hear from him in another week or so then I would try to contact him. If you still cant get a hold of him then I would just move on. Hard to do I am sure but no use pining away for someone that isnt giveing you a second thought.

Not sure if any of that helped but no I wouldnt contact him at least for another week.

Thanks all. You were right. Just got an email from him saying he hadn't been near a computer but was constantly thinking of me. Guess I was just still thinking he was too good to be true and wasn't sure of this brand new LDR. I knew it all along, but love makes you think and do crazy things!