Dating a foreign person? is he interested?

Hi guys, i duno if anyone has ever read any of my posts but ive moved to France for a year as a nanny to get fluent in french. Im staying with an french/english family in the south of france who are great and we all get along fine.

As I dont know anyone here the mom set me up on a date with her husbands nephew Yann (french) who is 23. In short, he's gorgeous, popular, rich and such a gentleman! Well anyway I really like him but its just so god damn awkward cos we cant speak properly. Anyone got any tips for dating a foreigner? I mean we both can get by asking eachother things but i cant be myself and be funny etc. Or is it all in the body language?

How do I know if he actually likes me? or he's just taking me out as a favour to his uncle? He's already given me a nickname "LiLi" and is always taking me to meet people and he drove me to the beach the other day and put his arm around me when i was cold and rubbed my back to keep me warm. I just cant tell if he's only being friendly?

Any signs to look for to know if he's interested?

I wasnt meaning to sound like he is a "foreigner" and thereforeeee different. Just that we dont speak the same language and was wondering whether anybody had any tips cos we dont exactly have a lot of conversation thereforeeee it isnt a typical date.....sorry if i offended anyone..... but could you answer the questions i made?

Hi Princess, Despite language barriers you can still be funny and yourself. When I go to visit my relatives in my parent's native country, it takes me about a month, but through hand signals and putting my limited vocabulary to work in novel ways, we all have fun playing "charades." The key thing is to not take yourself too seriously and to not let fear of looking stupid keep you from communicating.

As for the guy, he might have initially dated you out of politeness, but if he's taking you to meet various friends, calling you "Lili", and taking you to the beach SO that he can put his arm around you and keep your warm I think he's genuinely attracted to you. You have to remember in his country you're the "foreigner", so in many ways you're the "exotic" one to to him... For now don't worry about things, just live in the moment and enjoy your first French romance!

I studied French for five years but can't speak more than the usual canned phrases. I admire you for having the courage to move to France and try to become fluent. I've seen pocket dictionaries with romantic or sexy phrases you can use on your lover. Keep one in your purse for fun! I'm sure he'd find it "tres amusant" if you looked up key phrases and tried them out on him at appropriate times... especially if they're inappropriate! Have fun!

something to bear in miind: in Europe, (especially Italy + France), American girls have a reputation for being super-easy (yes, really! only english women have a worse reputation!! hahaha). just remember that and don't be in too much of a rush to get close to him. the french are very charming and will flirt with any and every woman, so get to know him first