Creatine use

Anyone know if creatine is effective in a non-weight workout? I'm referring to running, pushups, crunches, pullups, jumprope, etc. and maybe basic weight resistance such as bicep/tricep curls with dumbbells. I don't have access to a gym and I'm not noticing any results with any workout I try. If anyone knows, thanks!

Creatine I believe gives you energy. I'm not 100% sure on this so don't take my word for it. If your bodybuilding, all I can tell you is to lift heavy weights with dumbbells. Eat alot & eat healthy. Drink lots & lots of water & avoid alot of junk food & sodas! You need to consume alot of protein & you may want to consider in investing in some whey protein. Maybe shakes or something. Also, remember.. you're not going to see results in a week or even two.. You have to keep going at it religiously! I recommend this site for you. It may help you out alot & it even has a page with a whole list of excercise you can do with dumbbells!

link removed ...

Yea you dont necessarily need weights. I've never touched weights in my life and yes creatine still works. Do you work out consistently and eat right? At first I would just work out on random days whenever I felt like it and wouldn't really gain anything until I had a consistent schedule.

Anyone know if creatine is effective in a non-weight workout? I'm referring to running, pushups, crunches, pullups, jumprope, etc. and maybe basic weight resistance such as bicep/tricep curls with dumbbells. I don't have access to a gym and I'm not noticing any results with any workout I try. If anyone knows, thanks!

I have taken creatine for my workout. It blew me up. I was full of mass with no definition. I got bigger and stronger but wasn't cut. It depends on your diet too... if you workout hard, take creatine, and eat right... you should be ok.

Are you loading up? How many times are you taking it a day? You're supposed to take 2x a day for week and then 1x a day afterward.

I used to take it with a weight routine, and I noticed a little change after a month or two but not much. Since then I've taken a break and I want to try again, but shake up my routine a little. I want to focus on cardio, and some minimal resistance training (dumbbells, maybe bench press). I eat moderately healthy with vitamins every day, as well as a gallon of water.

"How many times are you taking it a day? You're supposed to take 2x a day for week and then 1x a day afterward."

When I used to use it (the powder form) I always took the suggested dosage.

What you said sounds about right. I'm in good shape now, but want to add an inch atleast to my arms, and get a little more muscle tone. Don't have access to gym, though. Thanks for all the info! I'll check that site out.

I used to take creatine years ago (actually gonna go back on it here in a week).... I took it and did situps and pushups - nothing else - for a month... made quite a difference actually... more mass, more strength and energy... and with the routine I had with situps and pushups I got decent definition / tone... but I did 4 reps of 40 pushups both morning and night... 4 reps of 80 situps both morning and night for a month straight.... all my friends that didnt see me in that month noticed right away.

I throw this out - though no one else seems to have experienced it or isnt saying anything.... I did find that I was more aggressive and more 'edgy' or 'angry'... well not really... just more prone to anger and aggression while on it.