How can you tell if a friend is crazy?

So I am a pretty friendly person and open with people I like, I think this girl either has a mental condition or is just weird. I also think when I first met her she made believe she was someone else, someone more like me and then the real person came out.

I met this girl 2 years ago- we really became quick friends. had fun going out together.

Then after awhile we would go to a club and she has a depressed look on her face, I'm like whats wrong? Shes like "oh its so loud" sulking!

Then after hanging out with me for a long time on saturday nights, she tells me on saturday she must sleep early to wake for church on sunday. I live in NYC and that is just weird.

this girl im friends with never really talks first , for example, we have been friends for 2 years, not once will she pick up her phone, its always when im leaving a message.

Im usually very warm, but she says hi, in a cold tone. I thought maybe its because shes shy. Then theres silence, she always makes me talk first, and I do. Then sometimes she will talk after I have been. At first I tried to ignore it but I think its very weird. I tried letting her talk first but there silence for like 3 minutes until I say something

Then there have been times I left her messages and shes said her phone wasnt working, but its happened number of times.

She knows everything about my parents, i told her what they do, she never told me what her parents do.

I have some friends with great job connections, she asked me to ask 2 of my friends to help her with a job, I did and went out of my way to take her to my friends office, he went out of his way as well... then she tells me she changed her mind about it after she was offered many dream jobs.

Then shes always late or she will email me the day we have plans to say, shes sick and lets do something next week, never saying shes sorry.

When I told her its rude, she says she thought i would be ok with her cancelling and if i had to do something alone she would drag herself to see me.

She also emails me to get information, like she will send me an email, being very friendly saying she misses me, when will we hang out?

then she puts at the end btw,, "do you have a good health insurance plan, cause im looking for one?

I know I should forget her, but I just don't understand it. I asked her a couple of times if everything is ok, she always says yes.

I just never had an experience like this with someone

Whats weird about her is that she sends me like dozens upon dozens of emails saying lets hang out, etc- then sometimes I get like a 2 page email from her about her x-mas vacation-then shes like how was your x-mas, i write back and get no reply- Then I get a brand new email from her about a different topic like 2 weeks later.

I know she sounds like a fair weathered friend but i suspect something is wrong with her.

Yea thats what I thought too, honestly I never been friends with anyone who was using me-this is the first time.

I guess she really tricked me at first.

But she does act weird. the not talking thing and being bored at clubs/bars. Then she complained she cant meet any guys. I told her, look how your acting, why would a guy want to talk to someone who looks depressed at a club?

Out of curiosity, what keeps you hanging out with someone like that? Do you feel sorry for her?

My advice is to not figure out why she is doing that (because that may just bethe way she is), but to figure out why you would want to waste time on someone like that.

Either way, you should either have a talk with her or just let the friendship go. It sounds like you do all the work in the friendship and I can tell you from personal experience that it gets really old really fast.