Need help eating better

After a short period of not eating well, I've decided to start eating healthy again. The thing is I'm really sick of eating the same dishes over and over again. Does anyone have any simple recipes or snacks that they like to eat that aren't too time consuming? It doesn't really matter as long as pork and red meat aren't included. Vegetarian and vegan are welcome.

Ahh... very healthy and great for vegetarians:

Penne con spinaci alla Ilse

* 75 gr of Penne (pasta, chose the full wheat one if available)

* 300 gr of spinach (frozen or fresh)

* pine-tree seeds

* Gouda cheese or lowfat cottage cheese

* onions and garlic

* one spoon of extra vergine olive oil

It's very simple, just cook the pasta, bake the onions and garlic in olive oil. Then add the spinach, cook until the pasta is finished, let the pasta leak while adding the cheese and the pine tree seeds to the spinach.

Your sauce is now all veggie, if you don't chose for the cottage cheese you may consider adding some extra nuts for the protein.

Ilse

Hi there!

Good for you for wanting to eat more healthy. I tend to eat little amounts of food all day and it seems to help. A few things I eat throughout the day...

-low-fat yogurt, sometimes I add granola to it for a crunchy treat

-trail mix, sometimes I treat myself and buy the Rocky Mountain kind with the M&Ms in it.

-Fruit, my faves are banannas, strawberries, apples, and oranges

-salads, with all the fix-ins

-low-sugar oat-meal for breakfast

-cheese

I like to get at least 2-3 dairy products in everyday and it does keep weight in check. I am not how much of a vegan you are so I am not sure if you eat dairy products.

So I find if I nibble on small meals throughout the day, it keeps me from splurging when I get home. I don't feel hungry. Good luck with everything.