4 weeks of NC am I ready to date?

Hi everybody my girlfriend broke up with me 4 weeks ago. So to get over her I been trying to make new friends and going out. So last saturday I went to a neigborhood get together. I met this girl (who was visiting town and goes to school 2 hr away). We got along and talk for a while and after the neighborhood get together we went out to a club. We danced and while we were dancing she kissed me and I got cought by surprise. After the club I droped her and told her that I would call her and maybe go visit her because I will be driving next weekend to another place and that her school is on my way. After the day I met her I felt better and confident that I can get over my ex. But for some reason I got urge to call this girl and start talking to her so I called her twice. The first call she did not answer I left a messege saying that I will call her later then I called her later but I did not left a message. She called back but I did not answer becasue I was in the shower. She left a messege saying that she had a good on saturday and that I could call her later in the week because she will be busy the next couple of days. So I did not call her but I sent her a text message saying happy valentines day. she text me back saying thank you and wishes me the same. Well, my question is that am I acting too desperate? Is acting desperate a sign of not being ready to date? How you know when your ready to date? I want to be ready to start dating again but I am afraid that I am just desparte to have another gf. I also don't want act desperate because I will scare this girl away. So should I wait for her to call me or should I call her again in later in the week.

Thanks for any opinions.

hi

I am glad you have went on meeting other people either as a friend or dating someone. It is an interesting question you have raise, but I can only suggest that you go ahead with this girl, but take things slowly, instead of thinking to yourself whether you are ready to date or not, unless you still have feeling for your ex-gf.

Good luck.

Woof Woof

I wouldn't call it desperate, not by a long way. It's putting the feelers out and seeing if she is interested. You're interested in her and she's obviously interested in you as she kissed you first, has repiled to your messages and asked you to call later in the week.

Looking good to me. But even if she isnt the one for you and things fall flat, you should be proud of how well your doing. Give it a couple of days, and when your feeling calmer and more confident and make that call.