i went against everything including my own gut instinct, i am an idiot!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't really know your story with this girl but it seems like she is over you. for her to be going out now and being involved in so many things that means she's through with you. im sorry to be so harsh. what tells me the most that she is over you is the way she talked to you. if a woman is still i love with a man, no matter if the're broken up she will feel touched by what her love tells her and will act a little bit sweeter than that. just try your best to move on and not think about such a selfish person. try to find urself a good worthy woman that will love you. im from NY too!!! maybe i can help you.

You sound just like my ex from your post. I don't mean to be harsh, but this is a clear sign that she is over you. My ex always asks me what ive been up to and trying to find out if im with anyone etc and it's just very annoying because it's like, we're over, you shouldn't even care! I'd be happy if my ex was with someone else, for one thing it would stop him bugging me all the time. I loved this guy, honestly as we were together for three years, but hell, if for the next three years after splitting up, he is still going on about how i ignore him, how im dishonest just because i don't happen to tell him everything about whats going on in my life, then yeah, i will purposely try to ignore you!

I do not ask him about his life because i am not bothered about knowing anymore. As long as he is happy, thats all i need to know, but he's not and he blames it on me not loving him.

The more i ignore him, the more he will come to realise i don't love him and i am over him, and the sooner he can get on with his own life.

I tried to be friends, but he just wasn't getting it.

Don't dwell too much on her saying that she is going out a lot now. Remember that you have broken up, and almost always, the parties to a break-up want to display nothing but success to their ex to show that they are coping fine - it's a natural pride thing. She may have been hamming up the going out factor to make you feel jealous, and it has worked! Even if she is hamming it up, spending excessive time thinking 'Ha! She wants me to be jealous but I'm not!' is counter-productive; it means you are expending energy on convincing yourself you are in the better position and she is wasting her time with the games. You need to let go of her, and of her activities and whatever changes she has made since you broke up - if you are to move on.

If it's true that she's going out more, it's something you'll have to swallow - painful as it is, she's perhaps moving on a making the changes to her life that she wanted to when she was with you. So with that in mind, you should do the same - forget about her and concentrate on what was lacking in your life when you were with her. Go out more with friends, or focus more on a hobby that suffered during your relationship - whatever it is, just think about *your* life now.