There's no 50/50 in friendships

I have a group of 4 friends who are really nice. We're always there for each other. But no one sticks around for me when I need it. When I tell them I need them they listen and then they change the subject to themselves and their issues. I don't want to lose them as friends. But I hate it when no one cares about my feelings. When I'm fed up with their self absorption I isolate myself for a day, then they worry. I expect them to change but they don't. I don't know what to do. Everyone else around me already have their group of friends and I know I wouldn't be accepted as easily into these other tight groups.

That's all they could say? I mean, "I'm sorry i should listen to you more" or just "I'm sorry."

These are more of aquaintences, there may come a time in ur life where you don't have to be "In the Crowd." If you want people to listen to you, hang out with people that will listen to you. They are not interested in ur well being. Talk to the other one and see what that person says. Maybe out of the 4 one of them will listen. I have friends that I can talk to. They don't want to talk to me... then fine... just move on. There are plenty of other people around.