this voice in my head.....

IVE HAD an eating disorder since i was 11 years old or perhaps even younger than that... im soon to be 21... but i just feel like it will never go away.. That little voice that is constantly playing in my head..reminding me of how FAT and disgusting I am...counting every calorie that i eat....or that i shouldnt eat anything because if i do i will become a BIG BIG BLIMP!!! sometimes i try to ignore it.....but its so hard!!!! RIGHT about now...im feeling sooo depressed because my weight is all i think about!!! it controls my everything!! thats the first thing that comes to mind when i wake up..and the last thing at night!!! how can i make it goo away???? I kno its wrong to say this, but I truly envy all those girls who are super thin!!!! If only i could be like that..... Thanx for listening..i appreciate it

This might be far fetched, but maybe the voices in your head are an evil spirit. My friend heard voices for well over 10 years. He went to several psychiatrists, but over the years none of the medicines or treatments could cure him. So out of desparation, he went to see a pastor who did real exorism on him. Since the exorcism, he has never heard these voices. I don't know what happened, but I know he was cured of the voices he had heard in his head for over 10 years. Since the exorcism (4 years ago) he has never had any psychiatric problems. This maybe hard to believe, but I swear it is true. I saw it myself.

Go see a psychologist and psychiatrist first. But if there is still nothing they can do, maybe consider whether the problem is a spiritual one. Take care of yourself !!!

This might be far fetched, but maybe the voices in your head are an evil spirit. My friend heard voices for well over 10 years. He went to several psychiatrists, but over the years none of the medicines or treatments could cure him. So out of desparation, he went to see a pastor who did real exorism on him. Since the exorcism, he has never heard these voices. I don't know what happened, but I know he was cured of the voices he had heard in his head for over 10 years. Since the exorcism (4 years ago) he has never had any psychiatric problems. This maybe hard to believe, but I swear it is true. I saw it myself.

Go see a psychologist and psychiatrist first. But if there is still nothing they can do, maybe consider whether the problem is a spiritual one. Take care of yourself !!!

I totally disagree. The thoughts are just negative thoughts brought on by over thinking and obsession. The way out is to carry on thinking them without becoming afraid of them or trying to push them away, by keeping yourself busy as you think them. They wil then lose their fear-backed emotions and importance which keeps these 'obsessional thoughts' alive.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I started developing an eating disorder when I was 12 and it became very serious by the time I was 13. I'm 23 now and even though I've recovered I wouldn't say it's 100% and I truly think it's something I'll struggle with for the rest of my life. It's that little voice that I can't get to completely go away. It's quiter now though and my voice is stronger. It was that voice I had to fight against. I wish I could tell you how to make it go away but I honestly don't know myself. I think knowing it's wrong is the first step.

Sometimes I feel crazy when I talk about my eating disorder because that voice became something that controlled me and doesn't hearing voices mean you're crazy? I literally had to battle with it. I guess with an eating disorder it doesn't, at least not in the schizophrenic sense. I read something once about a psychologist who had his patients write letters to their eating disorder, which he named Ed (for eating disorder).

I'm rambling and I don't have much advice other than if you're not already in treatment maybe that could help.

I know how you feel, I have had eating disorders for several years, anorexia, exanorexia, and other "uncategorized" eating disorders.

First off, I suggest therapy, and that may also require medication. Many of those with eating disorders have chemical imbalances, and also obsessive thought patterns and anxiety that only further propagate their eatig disorders.

It's definitely a process, I am what they would term "recovered" now, and living a healthy lifestyle with both eating and exercise, but the voices are still there time to time. The difference is I have learned to be "smarter" then them, know the truth. If they tell me I am going to get "fat" if I eat, I know enough about nutrition and my body requirements to know that is simply not true as I need food for fuel. My ideas of beauty have changed too, rather then "super skinny" being my goal, my goal is now toned, fit, strong, healthy, and more happy with my body. Being athletic is something I adore, but would not be as fit as I am without the food I eat for example. I have learned to appreciate my body for what it can do....a lot of this came from yoga, where I learned to experience what my body IS, not what it is NOT.

Please please consult a therapist and expert in the eating disorders, it will do you a world of good. It is just like other medical issues - it is both physical and mental in this case - and you sometimes need to bring in some experts to help you fight it.