Adoption and adoption papers

Hi there..and sorry to hear you are having a hard time at home. You did not indicate why you did not want to be there, and what your parents think of it. If you don't mind sharing, that may help with us sending you in the right direction.

There are many avenues... you can go to the courts and request emancipation from your parents, then you can live where you choose.

You would do this by contacting local family courts.

Assuming this is a safe place you want to go too, and the new family is open to the idea you can in fact move with them. They would not be able to adopt you unless your parents gave up their parental rights, or as I stated you receive emancipation.

All except the physical part (or her "hitting you" as you said) seems like typical parenting. You are at the age where you dont have to take care of your girlfriend. She has her own parents for that purpose. Parents do things like send you to activities because it's good for you. That in itself is no reason to want to leave home. You've got plenty of time to be an adult later.

As far as the physical part, if it is abuse, (I'm not one that thinks a smack on the butt when I was a kid did me any harm at all) then you need to talk to someone. It doesn't necissarily mean you need to live somewhere else, just maybe work on the situation...

Hope it all works out for you!!

S.A.M.

The info you asked me for. It's for CA, but I cannot find code for NJ. This will give you the basic facts.

Generally, you have to be living outside of the home, and already be established financially before this is an option. All you do then is call the local courts and ask them how to file the petition.

link removed

And now having done that, please also look into receiving counseling to help you with the trouble that you are having now