she says she's not ready for a relationship

daftbri

Well, I am planning on staying friends with her (just not too close). Since we only went out once I figure I can flick the switch to "friend" with out too much trouble. At least I have someone I can talk to at church now. Time to move on...

btw I would say I am into her more then she's into me.

but as she said in the email, "I had a good time and we did click, but only on a friend level". I feel like with one date I didn't even have time to get out the friend level!

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

We have kept in slight contact. I will talk to her a bit a church when I see her. I overheard her talking to another person at church how she is "working" (aka grad school lab work / teaching) 50 to 55 hours a week! Plus she has yoga class and church 2 days a week. That pretty much leaves very little free time.

I guess that is a good reason to not start a relationship

Hate to say this, but shes into relationships. Just not a relationship with you my friend.

I don't know what it is that happened, but I would bet my bottom dollar that her ex boyfriend contacted her again, and she is either talking with him again or back together with him.

Move on, and don't look back. If she comes back to you, thats cool, but proceed with caution. Good luck.

I agree with Ice Man. Looks like the ex was lurking in the background ..... or a new turkey is in the scene.

Be brave, cut your losses short and move on

Archived