Shy people "dating" Shy people

Heres the deal, I am relatively young ( 14 ) but I have started "dating". I asked out this one girl twice, but both of us are so incredibly shy and horrible conversationalists. I have no idea what to do next. Since both of us aren't exactly "popular" we have small groups of friends that don't exactly intersect. Also to make matters worse, she just moved. Now she only moved 1 mile away from the original place, but her family changed her phone number because they used to have an unlisted one. Since it is summer vacation, I don't see her at school, and we live 5 minutes away walking distance. Also, my mom has her moms cell phone number, but isn't it kind of tacky to call her mom to speak with her. What should I do next? Any idea would be welcome

Don't give up! Find her number! You two might be great together! Don't EVER pass up a good chance because of awkwardness!

Seriously, what have you got to loose! I'm sure you could find the number if you ask around and keep trying!

(only follow this advice if you are not the reason her parents changed the number!)