I love you Dad

im sorry to hear that. personally i dont have a close relationship with my father, i dont hate him, but im just not fond of him. top that with a deep relationship and it could be something to haunt you for some time to come. i suggest therapy, not that youre a fruitcake, it just helps to talk about it. youve already taken a step towards that by posting here.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Still, losing a loved one is extremely hard.

My parents are both still alive (though my mum is currently battling breast cancer....I have high hopes she will be around a long while more!) but I have lost many other loved ones, relatives, friends, and even a long term boyfriend. I can say from those experiences that you never forget them, and you often will miss them, but you also always feel them with you. As long as you carry them in your heart, they are alive. And you do make peace with it in time.

BIG hugs,

RayKay

Hello StillCared4her,

First of all, I will say a prayer for your family; this is not an easy time for you. My father died November 15, 2004 of prostate cancer. It's been a little over a year and I still really miss him. I am slowly going through the grieving process--something that has to be done. It is a definite time of transition; but please know that our dad's are watching out for us now. I dream of my father often...

With God's blessing,

Hosswhispra

• 2 weeks later...

HI StillCared4Her

Hello i read your post and see that you lost your father a few weeeks ago. I am so very sorry to hear that. I know its a difficult way to start the new year. I am fortunate that i have not lost a parent but i have lost grandparents. But i did lose my husband of 28 years , two years ago on december 3, 2003. He was only 48 years old and i 46 at the time. It was a sudden death and threw my life in to a tailspin . I have 2 children ages 24 and 19 now. My children went through alot of hurt and grieving since their dads death. He was such a wonderful husband and father and we miss him so much.. I am sure you have your wonderful memories of your father that you can reflect back to and some how will be a comfort to you. Again i give my condolences to your and your family and pray that you find comfort along the way.