Breaking up..advice needed ASAP

I've decided that I'm going to break up with my girlfriend, after going out with her for 3 weeks. I've broken up with people before, but the problem is, I was her first boyfriend. She's not a very emotional person, so I also don't know if she's the "OMGILOVEHIMSOMUCH" type of person, or if the breakup won't affect her as much. I want to do it in a way that will let us still be friends, any help is appreciated. Thanks

PS. In case you want to know why we are breaking up, it is because we basically have nothing in common, and just aren't right for each other. I don't even know why we went out in the first place.

You could just slowly stop calling her and see if she does the same.

However, I would simply sit down and talk to her and tell her that it seems like there is no chemistry and you think it's time you both moved on. Don't be surprised if she does not want to be friends, that's hard to do for most people. Just be honest, polite, and mature about it and that is all you can do - you know, be the best you can.

Good luck.

I do think you need to sit her down and tell her the reason why you don't think its working. If you just stop calling her she could start thinking she's unnattractive etc and that could really be a blow to her self confidence when it doesn't seem she has that much to start with.

Its much better to be upfront about it than just let her put two and two together - I've been in that situation myself and it was NOT fun because I had no idea what the reason could be that I was suddenly getting the cold shoulder and it really a lot more upsetting than had he just said 'look, I really like you I think you're a great person but I just don't think we're right for each other' thats all you have to say and believe me she'll thank you for it.

dannysgirl - yea i think youre def right, im not gonna just let her figure it out for herself...she at least deserves to hear it from me. the problem is that i only get to see her in school, theres really no "sit her down and talk" opportunities. know of any tricks to get her away from her friends so we can talk in private (in school)?

dannysgirl - yea i think youre def right, im not gonna just let her figure it out for herself...she at least deserves to hear it from me. the problem is that i only get to see her in school, theres really no "sit her down and talk" opportunities. know of any tricks to get her away from her friends so we can talk in private (in school)?

Can't you just tap her on the shoulder and say 'can we talk in private?' Her friends wouldn't follow you would they?