We were great friends now we ignore each other

The ex gf has a history of running away from me, but I kept chasing her and she

would come back.

A year ago I chased her and I thought things were good again, we were friends and that is all I have tried to do. I never asked her for anything in return, just tried to be friends. For a few months I can tell she tries to avoid me and is hot/cold, sometimes very happy to see me and sometimes avoids me. After a few months of this I asked her what’s wrong, and she got all defensive and said I make her uncomfortable and she did not want to talk to me anymore.

Four months of ignoring each other and we met one day out on our bikes ,we started an awkward converstaion (first time talking in 4 months). well we hung out the whole day and went for cofee together just talking as friends, not a word of relationship stuff,we get along great together and have a lot of fun. At the end of the day she said "It was nice talking to you and I am glad the anonimyty is over."

I saw her the next week on our bike club ride , we a talked a little bit , but she wasn't as warm as the previous week. The next week I see her on the ride and she avoids me the whole time.For the next couple of weeks she is hot and cold/ I just back away and let her come to me.

Afetr a few weeks of being ignored I was getting tired of the hot/cold again so I called her to ask her what was bothering her (maybe a mistake). She wasnt home so I left a friendly message saying I called. The next day a friend of mine calls me to tell me that she had emailed him and wanted him to tell me that she never wants to talk to me again because she thinks I still have feelings for her and she is uncomfortanle around me. That was 4 months ago and havent talked to her since.We still see each other around but ignore each other.

Your situation sounds EXACTLY like my situation with my ex. He broke up with me a little over 2 yrs ago, but I've never been able to let him go completely..After all, I always thought that he was the man that I would end up with for the rest of my life. To make a long story short, I tried the same things that you had tried, being friends with him with the hopes of becoming bf/gf again some day. Over the course of the last 2 yrs, I'd say that I initiated friendship at 3 different times, each time he would come back to me "as a friend", but then would cut me out of his life cold-turkey for no reason after being "friends" with me for a month or two. I think that our ex's can really see through our motives of wanting to be friends with them. Anyhoo, cutting to the chase, I miss him terribly now and would really just like to be his Friend Only..nothing more. Despite my genuine intention of just wanting to be his friend this time, I still don't think that he can entertain any friendship with me b/c of what happened the previous times..Looks like letting go is the only way to go from here on. sigh..Anybody out there got advice for me too?