My ex-boyfriend broke up with me 2 months ago. For my own reasons i decided not to contact him because i could not handle it at that point. We both attend the same small college and are involved in similar activities so i can never completely avoid him. However i saw him last night at an event he saw me enter the room and flat out turned his head and put his hand over his face. Later he walked past me and once again turned his head. At first I was somewhat pleased to have such an effect on him, however i do not like confrontation and we will be singing and touring in the same ensemble, so this may be problematic if not resolved.

I am thinking this may be because friday was his b-day and i didn't call or anything, this seems rediculous to me previously in the week he had seen me and smiled and said hi. plus he has made no effort to call or anything, it seems quite presumptious of him to assume my world revolves around him. I guess this is just raving however i sent him a note after this event, the first time i have contacted him in 2 months. I told him i was simply curious as to why he won't even acknowledge my existence. I haven't gotten an answer yet, but made it clear to him that if he did not feel comfortable talking to me I would understand. I closed the letter wishing him well in school and that he had a good b-day. I guess I am just curious as to what others think of this situation. Perhaps any advice from past experiences. HOpefully someone can throw me an idea- ta much bellaZerlina

i don't know why this guy is acting like this. it's kindof childish to flat out ignore someone.. but its probably coz he doesnt know what else to do. i don't think u should let it get to you. you obviously do have a big influence on him otherwise he wundt make such an effort to ignore u.

i'd just give it time , then try talking to him one more time. if you get no response then i would waste my time on him.move on and be happy.

I don't think you should spend much more time thinking about it. You two are broken up, and he avoided you in that strange way. He probably felt really uncomfortable. Why? I don't know. People are weird sometimes, especially on their birthdays. They get all sorts of weird thoughts on their birthdays.

I wouldn't contact him again unless he contacts you. Don't waste your brain cells thinking about him

Thanks Emma & Annie you two are perfectly right, it is difficult as you know. I really do appreciate your responces. I know I shouldn't fret over it, however I want some resolution because otherwise our choir tour will be very awkward. Thanks for helping me, I have come very far from our breakup and it is very nice to have support from complete strangers who are clearly very smart as well as my fellow choir members. I thank you both for your advice and support I needed it - bellaZerlina

Just a little update for anyone who comes upon it. My ex never responded to my letter. However I saw him at a concert I was sitting on the edge of my friends and he comes and sits by me. After the concert he talked to me about how thanksgiving was and then left. Later I was talking to a friend and he stood near me waiting to talk, but then left because I was in the middle of a conversation. I am very relieved he stopped being such an idiot.