Does saying the name make that big of a difference?

picsite

I really believe that saying one's name to them is better - it's familiar, and kind of makes you feel a bit special - you probably like it that she says your name, even if it's not a conscious feeling, it probably makes you feel more 'close'.

When you first meet someone, being able to say their name (not excessively) and remember their name next time you meet them...can really be flattering and show you listen and are interested.

In my opinion, I think it's better to say their name. I always use the person's name, even when they are really good friends. I think it's all just based on opinion though. I mean, it's not rude to not say the other person's name. I don't think it hurts anyone's feelings if you don't, however, I just think it's just different in a nice way.

How does it make you feel when she uses your name? Do you think it would be different if she just said "hi" without using your name?

First of all I know her already from middle school, she's been at my high for a year but I never talked to her and this year one of my friend (who is a girl) was talking with her and when i came by she was like "hey ****** ". And i was like "I remember you *****, but I got it mixed up with a very similar name (felt so embarresed). And since than i've talked to her at school a couple of times, got her msn and we've had some chats on msn. I prefer talking to her in person...its more fun and im not to shy around her like i am with other girls....however...i rarely see her...as for the coffee idea in the above quote...it wouldn't work, i think we're a bit to young for that.

Like RayKay said in an earlier post it makes me feel more 'close'. I do like it when she calls me by my name.