Another Sleepless Night

For a lot of people night is a bad time where they have nothing else to do other than to constantly think about something.

All I can suggest are things I keep in mind when I am having problems sleeping.

Try and tire yourself out. Go running, read a book until you cannot keep you eyes open, stay up late on the internet or watching movies.

If possible keep doing these things until you are literally unable to stay awake. I say this because sometimes I think I am really sleepy and then go to bed only to think about things that are on my mind and be unable to sleep.

If you find yourself thinking about things at night that are keeping you awake then wake up, turn on the lights and do something. There is nothing wrong with going outside and going for a walk or turning on the TV or whatever else will distract you.

I find that distraction is a good way of masking the problems.

In order to fix the problems you must identify what it is that makes you think about them.

In your case, why do you think about her so much? Is there something in particular?

Of course, there might not be anything, but if there is you should identify it and deal with it.

Also if you are thinking about her maybe you could let her know that you do this. Maybe you just really want to see or talk to her? Well (first ask her permission some time during the day lol) maybe you could send her a message or call her up. When she replies back maybe you will be satisfied and settle down?

Don't go running!

You will find it much harder to sleep. Exercise wakes your mind up, even though it tires your body out.#-o

You might try having a bath before going to bed, and possibly having some warm milk. Also, your body has to cool down a couple of degrees for you to fall asleep, so if your room is hot it will be harder.

Yeah, you are right DMan.

Running does clear your mind though so it is a good thing to do if you need to get something off your mind, but yeah, it probably isn't a good thing to do to get to sleep...I never actually do this, in another post somewhere I think I told someone to go running in order to clear their mind so they could study lol...it is probably just my generic and un-thought through answer to everything lol.

Thanks DMan.

I'm not familiar with your situation as to why the break up but I have some idea as to why you are having problems. In the evening as we are putting our selves in to the sleep mode. Our subconscious becomes more alert and all of the repressed subliminal thoughts of the day come to the surface. It's not that you were not thinking of her during the day, it's that you were constantly trying not to think of her but by doing this you are thinking of her. Make sense?

Another uncomfortable and painful process of nightfall is "Has she made love to him yet?" For those that were left for another, night time can be a living hell. Staring at the clock, suffering through those hours where you know they are "doing it" can create an emotional adrenaline rush.

I strongly suggest that you read, play video games or masturbate. Masturbation is as close to a sedative as you can get. It's almost like you are draining hydraulic fluid from your eye lids when you cum. Pleasure yourself, don't torture yourself! BUT DON"T THINK OF HER WHEN YOU DO THIS!

I moved away to University a couple months ago, and for awhile I had many sleepless nights thinking about my ex. I couldn't really talk to her, or anyone else from back home, because I was so far, and I thought about them alot.

I found trying to get out at night helped me, as when I got to sleep, I was reflecting on my night more than thinking about her.

On the days where I stayed home, movies were GREAT (though I don't tell anyone I was watching movies alone in my apt ), and I listened to music, read, basically did anything that occupied my mind until I was soo tired that I just fell asleep.

Hope that helps, many people go through the same thing