but hes my friend!

hi all. okay so i could use some advice. well...theres this guy who i have been friends with for about a year. we are VERY CLOSE i mean we were like best friends almost but there was ALOT of flirting and to be honest a lot was from him. he is super caring and loving and i really like him but i was honeslty confused about how i felt about him and if i would want to be with him in another way. well...the other day he was at my house and he started to touch me there through my jeans and i felt awkward but i didnt stop it and he eventually put his hand down my pants. we kissed for about a half a minute but that was it (horrible kiss btw lol). i mean afterwards i felt completely weirded out. i think he did too. that night online he msged me saying he wants to go back to just being friends and what not. and i totally agreed and said i want that too which i do. but now its like the dynamic of our friendship has changed and it is a bit awkward still. i mean we were very flirtatious and now we can barely look eachother in the eye for too long. what should i do? i told him that i really want him as my friend but its just changed. do you think that it ruined the friendship? did he only want "that" from the friendship (now that hes being a little cold)? or is it just too early (this happened 2 days ago). any advice would be helpful, any opinions. thanks alot.

do you think that it ruined the friendship?
For a little while, it depends on how the next so often works out.
is it just too early (this happened 2 days ago)
Thats proberly why

i say wait it out for 5 days. you may start talking, but i wouldnt say be as close. stil, if nothing, then u 2 gotta talk this over.