birth control

Different pills are good for different people. What i mean is... when i went to my gyno... the first time she put me on the pill, she said - get these, they are new and really good, but then later when she found out i had problems with hormones or something, after taking tests they decided what pills are good for me, so she gave me two names to choose from.

So guess either get something new, usually the newer the better (look for ppl say about them on the net) or go to your gyno and ask them to advice the best for you.

I was just on here asking the same thing a few weeks ago, and after the wonderful answers I was given and A LOT of research...I decided to go on Ortho Tricyclen Lo. Going on my fourth week (not sure if that's enough time for side-effects) but I have none at all. Everything has been great...no weight gain, no nausea, no headaches, nothing. Just my boobs getting a bit larger but they need it..lol. I'll let you know if I notice anything negative, but so far I am very happy with this choice and others have ben as well.

hey!!

i started off on ortho tricyclen. went great with that- no side effects. then i switched to ortho lo- went great with that NO side effects..

now I after 1 yr on Ortho Lo I have gone back on Cilest (the european verson of Ortho TriCyclen) no side effects other than a bit anxious through out the day at times.

I was on such low hormone levels and now BOOM Im on hormones again it'll do it to you. But really nothing else and remember- if its a minor side effect that you can really deal with and doesnt really affect you- its only the first month to 3 mos and then once your hormones stablelize it goes away.

However, I woul djust get on Ortho LO and stay on that one. I would have never siwtched just because I dont wanna risk it- but I moved to Europe!!!

GOOD LUCK

ps: STAY AWAY FROM DEPO PROVERA- I was on it for 8 mos and turned into a MONSTER and manic depressive. PLus I gained so much weight which I lost when I got on the pill.

ps: STAY AWAY FROM DEPO PROVERA- I was on it for 8 mos and turned into a MONSTER and manic depressive. PLus I gained so much weight which I lost when I got on the pill.

I'm on the Depo Provera cos I keep forgetting to take the pill. Is it true that it can make you feel that way?. I already had depression before i started it. Wonder if it's the reason I'm so down lately. But thanks for that piece of info...

any advice wuld be nice.... just going to get on birth control and there's only like 50 to choose from... anyone have any good advice on a good kind... I have heard some girls get pregnent on the pill.... please help!

You have to talk to your doctor, and you may have to try some different ones, as everyone reacts differently to different pills due to different hormones/dosages and your ability to take it.

You may have to try more then one kind to find the right one.

Also, yes some girls do get pregnant on the pill. With real world use (that means following the directions on the packet to take it, what to do when you forget and so forth) it is about 95-99% effective (so yes, some go get pregnant). With imperfect use (skipping pills, etc) the effectiveness goes down. NO birth control is 100%, the only 100% is not having sex. So, if you go on pill and are concerned, you can still also use condoms in conjunction with pill to increase your effectiveness/birth control.

• 1 month later...

im on ortho tricyclen lo and for the first 2 weeks i was nauseous and felt bloated, but then i began taking it at 11 pm, before bed...no side effects during the daytime anymore...anyways try a lower dose of hormones first and set an alarm on your cell phone, that way you'll never forget to take it