Do Opposites Really Attract ?

Hi All,

What do you believe in more?

Do opposites attract more? Or do birds of a feather flock together more?

Studies have shown that most relationships based on opposites don't last that long. The majority of long-term relationships are based on similarities.

Here's a scenario i thought of. What if there is a relationship where both people are opposites and one of them is very demanding? Would it work out?

Anyways, i believe in "likes attracts" simply because you have more things in common and are logically more compatible.

lol, good answer. hotchk.

They don't mean total opposites... more like half in common and the other half opposite, which is alot of relationships. The half is that the same brings them together and the half that is different keeps them together. If someone is too much like you, how could they entertain you if its like talking to yourself?

I find that opposites attract and when the lust runs out it runs out!

Although I personally enjoy someone opposite. The best kind of relationship is when you compliment each other and ones flaws are the other ones strengths. Although I am single so not sure if my word counts for anything! I broke up with someone about 3 weeks ago who was quite opposite of me but I miss him so much! What can ya do.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all,

i have thought about this pretty extensively...do opposites really work ,or do similarities work better...and i ha ve been doing a lot of personality tests and research and the best site that describes it is this one:

link removed

besides that page, you can browse around and find more information about personalities and how they affect the relationship. If you want to take your own personality test, take it free here at: link removed

although this is only theories, i do believe that some thngs in common and some things different are healthy for a happy relationship.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that opposites do attrack, but there's no guarateed success of course. You can differ in many things w/ your partner (eating habits, hobbies, even race...) but from my experience there are two important things that you should have in common: values and goals in life.

well..hope it helps!

stick around !