Just can't leave it alone!!!!

Okay well I've stayed strong done the whole NC with a few hiccups along the way but I can't get this out of my head. Why is it that every guy I have any intrest in all I can think is that they are not him. He's not even that great and we've been broken up for 6 months. Does it ever go away, I mean I know I will always think of him and a part of me will always miss him but why does it feel like he was the one for me and no one will ever compare?

I agree, I feel the same way about my ex. I often wonder if he thinks about me the same way--I'm sure they do, some people just have an easier time putting that behind them. And maybe we feel this way cause we're just not ready for anything...sadly it is a comfort thing, it is because you had reached a point where they knew everything about you. I think that we have to realize is that even with when we met our ex, we felt kinda the same way. Maybe it's because it takes a long time to get over a person that it feels like nothing compares. Maybe it's cause we haven't moved on completely or we're in a point in our lives where our environment suited more for our ex, than a new person...

Hey there,

I am sorry for your pain right now. To answer your question, the person who cares the least always controls the relationship, the person who cares the most has the hardest time getting over. Time heals pain, that's about all you can do. And I remember your post from before, with his screwing with your head even though he has a new girlfriend, IGNORE HIM! You can do it, try to stay strong.

Hey there,

I am sorry for your pain right now. To answer your question, the person who cares the least always controls the relationship, the person who cares the most has the hardest time getting over. Time heals pain, that's about all you can do. And I remember your post from before, with his screwing with your head even though he has a new girlfriend, IGNORE HIM! You can do it, try to stay strong.

That was brilliant and so true.

I feel the same way. Today it's 4 weeks since he broke up and I think he sees someone else. I just feel it. Otherwiser I'm sure he would have called me by now. I feel so low and so sad....worse than I did the 3 first weeks, probably because I still hoped he'd call me. Now I realize he will never contact me again and it hurts so much.