what do you think?

I need space flies out of their mouth. I feel suffocated....

So, what does this mean? Seems every time I look on here someone's b/f or g/f has uttered those awful words.

My thoughts.... People don't talk, they are fearful of expressing they are unhappy. They finally get to a point where they just want out and don't know how to say so. The only way they can express being overwhelmed is by saying "I need space". It clearly just says.... I don't feel like spending time with you and it makes me think I don't know how I feel.

How to avoid this? Talk to your partners all the time, create and open forum for safe communication, do not spend every waking moment with the other, have a life of your own and for goodness sakes, if they say this just do it, tell them you understand and would like to talk more about how they are really feeling in about a week.

This is just my thought, so what's yours?

Yes, I am a true believer in the power of communication in a relationship. If we dont talk, we certainly can not read whats on our partners mind. Alot of time we do hear others say they "need space", which isn't uncommon to hear. Altho we SHOULD talk about it,...if we crowd a person when they feel they need space, (even if just for a little while) it may push them farther away. We dont want that...

Giving them space, and communicating can work hand in hand in both ppls favours in going in the right direction, if its meant to be. They've gotta sort out whateva inconsistencies that are going on in their heads...

cookies