My EX broke up with me a month ago. I am still really into her but I am fine being her friend. I am hoping to have a 2nd chance to be with her again in the future. The thing is, she invites me to go out every weekend to the club , bars and such. We talk here and there almost everyday. She says that she misses me and my friends on how we use to hang out. I just want her to say one day, that she just misses me. Well after we broke up, she says she likes someone else. That she will be with this guy and asks if she wants me instead of him. What will happen? i said to her thats for her to figure out. That was the clincher for me, i was hurt-when i heard that. Im pretty sure they are going out now, but i dontknow how this will work out for her, cause the guy lives in a diff. state. Last night, she asked me to come out and hang out with her and gf's. I said i cant, im going to stay locally. But, she still persists asking me to come out and to see what im doing that night. so i dont know, I just want her back at some point and have her miss me. Im keeping very busy so she wouldnt be in my mind 24/7. Doing things for myself ,to keep myself happy. Is being a friend the right thing to do. Being there for her when she is in trouble or something. Or NC?

She's with this new guy now so there's nothing you can do to get her back at this point. No Contact is the best way to go at this point, but if you don't think so, do as you feel whenever you feel like it. Call her when you want, tell her how you feel and that you want her back. Nothing you say will bring her back, but all of the rejection will convince you to go No Contact eventually.

100% for sure being her friend will not bring her back to you.