does she still like me? what do i do?

hey guys im a 15 year old guy in high school, so basically i got to know this girl really well and we had some really good times with her. one night we were hanging out and i asked her out, cuz we seemed like we just couldn't stop hugging eachother that night. she said yes but during the next week everything just kinda stopped, and it seemed like she didn't want it to work anymore. then a week after i asked her out she called saying there are some problems with her friends and she needs to be there for them, so she cant have a boyfriend.

obviously i was kinda devistated and couldnt understand if that was just an excuse or whatever. so the next couple of days at school i talked to her a few times when i could and she seemed to touch me, as she said c ya later, in the same way she did when she liked me-by stroking my arm kinda.

also, i have one classroom that is set up kinda weird and her side of the room is looking direcltly at my side and im lookin at her. so the last couple of days, but especially today, we kept lookin at eachother and then lookin away really quick. today it must have been like twice a minute and im not even kinding. it was just weird, id look up and she'd be lookin at me then she'd look up and i'd be lookin at her and we just couldn't stop! then after that class we walked in the hall like we did when we liked eachother then we said goodbye and i hugged her. then as we turned to walk away i stopped her and asked about how her friends were doin, and she just said it's ok, but she can't really talk to me about it, so i said alright c ya.

i just don't get if she likes me or not and how i should go about everything. i mean i could care less if we went out, but i just want to at least be good friends and have that fun, close feeling together. what do you guys think she wants out of me? a relationship? to forget me? or what? can anyone relate to a situation like this, where you broke up but then realized that you wanted the person back, or you were dumped and they started to want you back?

basically, what is goin on here? and what can i do to get things positive and at least have us be really good friends? whatever you can tell me will help. thanks

Just give her some space at the moment. Its obvious you two are close, and she likes you. I don't know why she broke it off with you, but if she has friends she needs to be there for then fair enough, but I don't get that bit

You could try asking her, if you want, whats going on, is there any chance we will get back together once you've got more time for me?

If she say she doesn't know, then I would give her a wide berth for a few days/ weeks until she sorts out what she wants. Also it's not worth spending all your effort on a girl who is only messing around with your feelings, it isn't fair!

Take care, Hk87

She already sounds like a good friend.

But the truth is; we can't guess what she's playing at.

She could be using this 'friend in trouble', as an excuse. Maybe she's lost interest - but she sounds like she's flirting and showing signs of interest.

Stay close to her if you're prepared for the worst case scenario - being that she has lost interest in you and she could date other guys.

To be honest - I think it's more likely that she felt the relationship wasn't great when she was dating you and she just wanted to get out of it in order to be closer to you.

It's possible that she felt she could be closer to you as a friend.

Good Luck.

the weird part is that once we started "goin out," which only lasted a week, she seemed to imediatly uninterested in me. she didn't want to hang out with me after school and it just didn't have that same fun feeling to it. and now a week after she broke up with me, she's starting to look at me again, talk to me a little more. but everything is just a little iffy. i don't know what im talkin about what do you guys think?