How to initiate contact with girls in my classes?

MisterPoppy

So, I was sitting in my college art class waiting for class to begin when this very cute girl walks in with her friend. I didn't really notice her the last class session because I just saw the back of her head.

Anyway, I notice that she's *noticing me. She sits down with her friend, who she always sits with and sort of positions herself facing me.

Anyway, a few minutes into class, I look down at her and she's looking at me. I glanced away.

After class, I came up walking beside her in the hall and she crashed right into someone...she wasn't watching where she was going.

The next class session, I don't even really look at her, just when she's not looking. Which, I know is dumb, but it seems like I totally ignore the girls I'm attracted to.

I'd like to walk up to her and say, hi, I'm Tim, but it's not that easy...her friend would probably look at me like I'm from Jupiter.

How do I go about getting her to notice that I'm taking interest in her without being su blunt? If being blunt is the only option, then I don't have much of a choice...

It would be convenient if her friend were to be sick one day...then I would sit next to her.

I'd like to walk up to her and say, hi, I'm Tim, but it's not that easy...her friend would probably look at me like I'm from Jupiter.

To borrow from Dashboard Confessional "Well, So what if your friends think I'm crazy, I wasn't trying to impress those girls anyway "

Why worry about what her friend thinks? And as the previous poster said, be nice to her friend too, start up a convo about your class and ask your interest and her friend what they think about it. And be sure to flirt with the girl that you are interested in.