One for the guys

TIGRONETTE

Just a something I don't understand about basic masculine psychology :

Back on the dating circuit with the usual ups n downs and there's this one thing that really gets me. I meet a guy I'm not that into and I think, well, I'm single what the heck, and the feeling is probably mutual. We go for a drink or I take him home, or whatever, and things go ok but neither of us is smitten. When it's time to part, the guys ALWAYS ask me for my number or offer to give me theirs. I don't give them mine, but I usually take theirs, even if its just out of politeness. Then I'll wonder if I should ring and I never end up ringing. On the other hand, I have texted a 2 or 3 of these guys on the off chance (not that interested but hey, I'm open to 'adventure' I guess...). Strange thing is, they don't ring/text back, and then I feel let down, not because I liked them, but because it's human nature (plus I quite enjoy casual sex which may be unusual for a woman but there you go).

Now I wasn't really that bothered in the first place so why did they give me their number ? Was it just to be be polite or am I missing something here.

Well, it could be for all kinds of reasons like he wasnt all that into you either. Or maybe he's too busy looking for his next adventure. But I think you may have explained it yourself. The feelings may very well have been mutual. Because casual sex is just that, and can mean 'casually forgotten' as well.

You answered a question I didn't ask

Maybe I didn't make myself clear

I'm not wondering why they don't call (I've been around long enough to work that one out)

but what makes them ask (and on occasion beg - I swear I had a guy wake me up twice and ask me for my number as I'd fallen asleep the first time hoping he'd give up) for my number if they have no intention of seeing me again

when I'm not that sure, I don't ask

THAT's the part I don't understand

Was that clear this time around ??

Well, as I said before... it could be for any number of reasons. But it does seem kind of silly to me to bug someone for their number after the fact.

Maybe he just has some psychological quirk in thinking not to leave (under any cicumstances) without a number in hand.

Maybe it becomes like some sort of trophy to pass along to his buddies.

Maybe he got his butt thrown in jail and simply cant call you.

Yeah, maybe the trophy thing , hadn't thought of that before

It's true that a principal reason for sleeping around (or trying to as f*** ups are numerous in this field) is that it can give your self confidence a real boost

the jail reason made me laugh as well (you never know seen the company I've been keeping recently...)