should i ask her to homecoming?

hey everyone. there is this girl a year older than me. if you've read any of my prior inquiries, you know im a bit confused by women. i really like this girl. but from all my experience, girls seem only interested in looks and money. and im not bill gates, nor am i the hottest thing around. there is a girl who laughs at everything i say. im not sure if she thinks i am ridiulous, or genunely intrigued by me. i think we have a little in common. but i dont know if i can compete with all the guys who like this girl, and im really afraid i might be the pawn of some game once i get involved. (i will admit i am somewhat paranoid). please give me some advice. should i ask her to go to the dance with me? i wasnt planning on going but it would be incredible to go with her.

-travis

Okay, first of all, I'd like to say that I respect you extremely for using proper english in your post unlike many people our age.

Now, to get to the helping with your situation part, and I believe I can because I have experience in this field and even more so since we're the same age, I have a few questions.

Are you shy?

How well does she know you?

Do a lot of guys like her"

Do you like her, or just want to go to the dance with her?

Well, I would definitely ask her, since you might regret not doing so later on.. However, its been a while since Ive been your age and I dont really remember what girls were like back then, especially what their attitudes towards guys were. But I do remember middle school and well, people's personalities in middle school can be a tad, shall I say, shallow? If you want to ask her, you should because it should be your decision, not any one of ours. And the worst thing that can happen is she will say no and you can move on.

~Mark

Yes yes, in the matter that my questions are not answered, I'll provide less-personalized advice using the information given. If you answer my questions, I'll give more in-depth advice.

Generally, you should ask her out. Let me share some stratagies for doing this as easily as possible.

First of all, tomarrow when you see her at school, DO NOT HESITATE TO WALK UP TO HER. When you see her, your feet should be moving within -THREE- seconds of seeing her. If you wait any longer than 3 seconds, then your mind begins to come up with reasons and hypothetical failure situations, trying to convince you that you shouldn't do it. You can't let your mind have the time to start thinking up reasons not to, and potencial failure situations, simply walk up at -first sight-. It doesn't matter if you have nothing to say, you HAVE TO WALK UP TO HER IN 3 SECONDS. If you cannot think of anything to say, simply say "Hi" and give yourself those extra two seconds to think of -something-, -anything- to say.

Now, after your three seconds and your walking up to her, say hi, talk about some crap for a brief period, then casually say "Hey, you going to homecoming with anyone?" if she says no then without any second thought say "Well, how about going with me?". Remember that this whole conversation must be very casual, laid back, and as if old friend were talking. In the even she says yes, say "Awesome" or "great" or "cool" or something to that effect, then say "talk to you later then" and walk away. DO NOT STICK AROUND. BE ALOOF.

In the even she says "no", say something like "oh, well that's okay (then smile in a friendly fashion) talk to you later then" and walk away.

Don't let it get to you if she says no. Most girls at 15 are pretty shallow anyway man.