Anxiety and stress - how to cope?

Hi everyone,

Lately I've been feeling so uncomfortable. I can't sleep well at night. I feel as if the world is going to end tomorrow. I feel so anxious! I feel all kinds of weird mixed feelings.

It's driving me nuts!

I feel a mixture of: fear, lost, excitement, love, pain, happiness, insecurity. But it's mainly fear, excitement and insecurity that makes me sleepless at night and anxious during while I'm awake.

I try to figure out what's causing me this?. I have several factors, but I can't seem to be energised with positive outlook. I mean I lay wide awake most nights, I think think and think and figure things out, and reason out with decisions, why I am doing this, and why not that etc and so forth. Eventually I get positive, but then without consciously knowing it, I feel all anxious again! the next day or next hour!.

Things and what I am doing or planning makes sense, I don't see a reason why I should feel this way, but I do?

Does anyone have a clue on what I should perhaps EAT? or DRINK?

Or exercises I should do?

Or some kind of Inspirational Thoughts?

ANYTHING that can help me get rid of this Anxiety and stressful feeling.

Thank You very much.

I'm feeling alot of anxiety following a relationship breakup. But my anxiety started years ago hidden inside me, it just seems to be "activated" by the breakup.

I have problems sleeping also, waking up way too early in the mornings. And most of the day I have all sorts of anxiety thoughts running through my mind, I don't find peace and harmony inside even if I try.

I'm talking to a psychologist right now and it seems to be a sollution to the problem.

I've also started eating anti-depressive medicin against the anxiety.

Good luck!

-- onlyhuman

Ever since my breakup in Jan i have felt a ton of anxiety. I still do to this day somedays it's better then others.

I think it stems from me being insecure since everything happened, and also that i have alot of time by myself where i think too much about stuff. I over analyize and think about all the possible outcomes of all the stupidest things. I also worry to much about other people, and everything in my life that i really have no control over. I've found when i can get focused on something, something other then love, relationship sortta stuff, i do less sitting around and thinking since i'm busy.

You can speak with your doctor and ask for some medication. It has side affects but really I didn't know how anxious I felt until I took Zoloft. But then I basically went into a feel nothing and was really too calm so I quit taking it. I'm still feeling pretty calm, but am moodier so that's probably withdrawls.

Sure, you should go and see a doctor, I was in the same position as you, I was always worrying about things that went wrong and possible solutions to my problems, it took me, like a year or so, to realize that I had a very big problem, as you, I couldn't sleep in nights, and I felt myself really bad.

I went to the doctor and he gave me some medicine, and all of a sudden a was feeling great again, but you should always look what's making you to feel like that, it's always good to look for a solution to it, and don't worry so much about life, whatever happens, it happens by a reason (good or bad) but it's always for a reason.

Hi guys and thanks for replying, I guess a break up can do that to you huh?.

Well I am eating alright, I drank half a litre of banana milkshake this morning god! it was delicious, but then I ended up in the toilet for an hour. (long story)

I am still oversleeping. I tried to do some exercise today like push ups but it was that hard that I collapsed back into bed.

I can't stop smoking, smoking seems to be the only thing relaxing me while I think and stuff. You're right being alone can have that affect of 'overanalysing' even the stupidest things of 'what if' or 'how' or 'why' or 'what next'.

I know I need to cut down on smoke, but I've been craving on 3 things lately.

1. cigarettes

2. chocolates

3. sleep

You reckon these things have a link somehow?

hi,

i have panic disorder, it's been with me for nearly 2 years following a friends passing. the best advice i can give you from personal experence is to see your gp, he will precribe medication, and hopefully put you on a waiting list to see a mental health professional, it will be free as it's the nhs, someone can come to your house if your not feeling well enough to go to them, it's very helpful, please, please don't leave it and think it will go away, it might for a while but it will resurface, maybe worse than before.

goodluck, be positive and don't give up!!!

blu x