My ex started talking to me and its been a year...

so like a year has passed since we broken up (she broke up with me cuz i guess i was too clingy) and i said hi to her and asked her how she was like once or twice like 3 weeks ago, well 2 days ago, she started talkin to me, like asking how i was and stuff, and her mom's bday was coming up so she asked if iw anted to go to the mall with her to help her pick out a present and stuff and we went yesterday and then i asked if she wanted to go to the drive-in, and she said yeah, like i was feeling weird cuz i hadnt seen her in a year, so we went to the drive in, and it was kinda awkward for me, but she said she felt comfortable around me, i didnt make any moves cuz i felt weird, like i dunno, i like her, but then i hate her, cuz its weird not doing bf/gf stuff anymore, but like, after that i dropped her off home and she said she had a good time and stuff and i inivted her next week to go to the theme park and then to this place called top of the world where u can just hang out and see the whole city, and she said yeah, so we're going next friday, but i dunno... i wanna make a move liek a smlal one, maybe like hold her hand when we go up to the city outlook, but i dunno im scared of rejection...

She definitely likes you and she has not gotten over you. Depending how your previous relationship went, you should definitely make a move...I don't think you will go wrong here.

The more important question is, how did you end up without her for a year? Did she dump you? Cause based on how I am reading and understanding it, it sounds to me that she had dumped you a year ago. OR cheated on you.

Either way, you handled it pretty well, and you OBVIOUSLY did the right things cause she is back after a year.

But tell me what happened that you broke up?

well... ok, we took a "break" like a week before we broke up and i got kinda sad that it had to come to that, and then like the week after she gave me the "we need to talk" line, and she broke up with me, i was too clingy and she needed some space and felt like she couldnt handle a relationship, i was super sad, i cried alot (lol im a p*ssy), like, yeah, i tried to talk to her a few times, but i think that just pushed her away more, and well... its been almost a year, im a completely different person, im very happy, but i never really like... gotten over her completely, i just pushed her to the back of my mind... and then like a month ago (which was almost a year since seh broke up with me), i said hi to her and to my surprise she said hi back, i knew she didnt really want to cuz i can kinda sense it, but i made some small convo with her, for about 2 or 3 times in the past month, and well i just left it at that, i never really called her, but 2 days ago, she was actually talking to me, like a person, lol, i thought it was a joke, she gave me her new cell and house number, and she asked me to go with her to the mall to pick out a present and we got her mom some perfume, and then we went to the drive in til 12am, i let her drive around in my car and stuff lol that was cool, i felt like we were rebuilding the blocks, but i didnt make any moves, but i can kinda sense that she wanted to do something, but i was reallly scared of rejection, cuz when i was with her, everytime she wanted to "get down" lol, she would bite her nails and stuff and she was doing that! lol, but it felt like for me, that i was meeting her all over again, she is still amazingly beautiful, and no, she didnt cheat on me, lol

Damn man, you seem like you're in my position, about the break up at least. My ex broke up with me because I was clingy, I guess.. even though all her friends said I was the perfect boyfriend. Deep down I think she just didn't want a boyfriend anymore.. We went out for 6 months, and now 2 months later she is with a guy 2 years younger than her.. (he's 13)

Yeah.. I know, haha.

So my advice, is to just relax.. DO NOT put all your energy into her, believe me.. it'll lead you astray. Still make time for your friends and live your life like you did before she even came back into your life.

Here's the catch, when you're without her... Put all your effort into what makes YOU happy, but when you're with her... Concentrate on her so she knows you're a good guy still. But don't be TOOOO nice.. you know what I mean.

You also have a huge benefit here.. you know how she is, since you've dated before and you know how she acts in certain situations. Use this.

If you can tell she is getting interested, then turn the frequency up a little bit, (flirting, a little touching, eye contact, smiling) and sooner or later she will compensate, and meet you half way. Then turn it up again... but this can either be a fast or slow process, depending on the both of you.

So just play it cool, worry about you, guard your heart, have confidence, and have fun man. you're young..

Good Luck.