my cousin whom i've grown up with very closley we are more like a brother sister relationship then cousins. he has cancer he is 23 dr gave him a year a year ago he has been in hospice for a year now he was doing good so good in fact i was for sure he was gonna outlive what the dr gave him but now withen the last few weeks he has taken a verybad turn he is weak and tired and confused he dosent remember what happened a few min ago.. I know it's not gonna be much longer before he passes but how do i let him go. [/b]

Gone through almost the same thing with my best friend, and he died at 17 (through cancer, brain cancer). I really... feel for you and understand what you're going through. If you need anyone, I'm here to talk to.

What I'd recommend right now is to see him. Don't say goodbye (well, you can if you feel he doesn't have long left), but just talk to him. If he needs someone there, talk to him about it. Otherwise just talk to him about anything. Don't make a big deal in front of him, and don't make out "Oh, you're dying!" or anything like that. Just be normal around him. He'll appreciate it, since he isn't able to live his life as you do.

Letting go? That's harder. When he... does go, just let it all out, don't bottle it up. Cry, talk about it, remember him. I myself aren't truly over my friend dying, even though it was about a month ago. But it can help, thinking of him, maybe write your feelings out (I did it in a poem). The funeral will make things better because you can cry and not feel stupid.

One thing though, it'll be okay. You're not alone, you have your family and your friends beside you.