Half a year of nothing...

hammo

At the start of the school year in my biology class i was sitting next to a girl. We talked all the time and got on really well in class, although we never did anything out of class. I was always shy because she was so attractive and seemed really confident (she even asked me jokingly if i wanted to get drunk with her in the bushes behind the school field at lunchtime).

After a few weeeks, a mutual friend of ours told me the girl i like (no one kenw i did like her) likes me and wants to know if i like her. I said "sort of". I wasnt sure i wanted to express my feelings straight away. The girl i liked then texted me that evening and we talked. I asked her out, but she told me she'd rather stay friends for now.

The next day in biology was really awkward. None of us said a word to each other, i think she was more nervous than i was. We talked via text message a lot for the next two weeks or so, and it was clear that she l;iked me, and i made it clear i liked her, but we hardly talked in class, because we were for some reason terrified of each other.

After these two weeks i told her that this is getting a bit silly and we should at least hang out together and start talking in person, she said that she was buisy and made up lots of different excuses why she couldn't hang out with me.

From then on she stopped talking and texting me altogether.

That was about five months ago.

Since then we haven't said a word to each other, although i catch her looking at me in class basically every few minutes. She has never made an effort to talk to me.

On friday night was our school prom. I didn't have a date and neither did she. I only saw her once, and she didn't look at me as far as i could tell.

She hung out with her friends i hung out with mine.

The next morning i got a text message from her telling me that i "looked great last night" and asking me if i had fun. I replied with "thanks you looked great too. I had lots of fun" she replied with "cool", and the conversation ended there.

I might be overanalyzing, but isn't it weird that after half a year of saying nothing she sends me a message like that? What do u guys think?

She obviosuly still likes you. and is she doesnt whats the worst that can happened you have to take a risk. And girls like a guys that are confident dont matter if your a little shy. so you go ahead and talk to her. face to face in class and see how things go from there. just make conversation break the ice. you got nothing to lose.

Hmm.. that is kind of weird. I'm not exactly sure if she still likes you, as strictly said, but seeing you in a different atmosphere probably sparked something again (since it was a more social atmosphere and everyone was with friends). If I were you, I would try to talk to her more in class, so it's not weird/awkward anymore, if you haven't totally given up hope. If she doesn't want to talk or hang out, at your suggestions, then let it go.

Well, initiating contact in person is a little difficult cos she now sits at the other end of the class with a large group of her friends, who i don't know.

Oh and lets just say i'm more than a little shy.

I'm not really sure how to satrt a conversation just like that without it seeming a bit weird.

I feel your pain. It looks weird to stride up to someone and start a conversation, especially with that kind of backgrounds. You just gotta do it though, she might be interested.

First I thought she wasn't interested but after reading about the text message part.. was there typos in the message? if yes, it might have been a drunk txt.. and mean nothing.

I think she likes you for sending that message. Talk to her, get rid of your shyness, think it this way: "I'm afraid of rejection, but why?? what do I care if she doesn't want to hang with me, it's her loss right!" tell that to yourself so many times you believe it - it's the truth right?

Oh, and you're shy. Think it this way, she didn't talk to you because she was as shy. Or she wasn't shy person, but insecure.. which makes her shy around you. You gotta do something because she won't.