Wow- I think I'm getting through this!

...It's been about 3 weeks since we broke up--I'm 16 and he's 18 and it was an 8-month relationship (kind of extremely long during highschool)!

The breakup was mutual-ish, but more on his side. I was tired of the problems, we were both working on them, but he decided to make the choice when I said "We have to decide to really work at statying together, and BELIEVE that we will, or just end this now"

I went NC for two and a half weeks, and then contacted him, met for a closure meeting which was emotional; He was dumb and...I actually posted in another forum before, on another site, so I've gotten out a lot of my emotion. But I think I am better! IOt's been a few days since I saw him and he's barely on my mind. I'm settling back into looking forward to the future and not worrying so much about why the past wasn't working. I loved him a lot--But when he said he dodn't love me anymore (but cared for me a lot and wants a friendship--which I will decide if I want) I think that was it. What was the point of holding on to something that wasn't there anymore? And with Unviersity, he wanted to go off and experience life unattached. I don't blame him for THAT, anyway.

Is this greiving period too short? I'm already looking forward to entering the sort of single/dating world!

quick reply--

yeah, I'm trying to be wary of the rebound relationship. I know that it can be dangerous. he was my first love--my first a lot of things, although I'm glad we never quite got to full-on sex. I think that would have made me attached.

How long do you reccommend before sort of--accepting dating back into my life? I said I wouldn't go LOOKING until October 14th---haha, two months after I was talking with a girlfriend about it.