The guy at work

I hope someone can help me. I recently started a new job and have found myself really drawn to a guy who works on the same floor as me. We kind of work for the same people, but being so new I only ever see him during lunch or he usually comes and gets me from the office door in the morning and takes me upstairs (I don't have a pass yet). He's always been very nice, laughs at my jokes, remembers things that I've said weeks ago, but I'm so confused as to what this all means. We sit at lunch together two or three times a week, he usually sits beside me, and whilst I'm not saying he only has eyes for me, he does ask me questions about work and life. Also, if our legs are to touch during these conversations, he never moves them, always keeps them there. Yesterday I asked how he was and he started telling me about his family engagement that evening, going into detail about family members! He's a lovely guy and I'd love to feel that I was attractive, but he seems too good to be true. Am I imagining this inkling of attraction? And any idea where I can go on from this if this means something positive?

I'd really appreciate any advice, I'm so nervous going to work every day.

Sounds to me like he's interested in you. Maybe you could try to maneuver the next conversation at lunch towards the topic of love/dating. The benifit would be threefold: First, it's a way to find out if he's seeing anyone currently. Second, if he is interested, he'll probably make it clear to you that he is available. Third, it's a subtle way of letting him know that you're interested in him while not venturing "too far".

Yeah, it does sound a lot like he's interested in you. Ask some subtle questions about relationships and love next time you have lunch with him and just see how things go, whether he has a girlfriend, etc.

Be careful about seeming like you're using sex appeal and flirting to get ahead at work, particularly if you're new. It always really annoys me when my coworkers flirt when I'm around and it's just plain unprofessional so keep anything that goes on between the two of you, out of the office.