wooops! Am I in love with TWO people??

hi. i fell in love with my first boyfriend years ago, and we broke up many times. suffice to say, we arent together anymore, but a part of me still seems quite attached to him. when i hear through our mutual friends what he is doing, where he is living, how is feeling, my heart jumps. its a part of mne i hide from everyone, because i know he cannot love me anymore...

meanwhile have been dating this guy for six months now, and he is totally in love with me. he says im the most precious thing in the world to him. when i went on holiday for a few weeks, he walked me to the station and i could see tears.

i have told him i love him too, and i do. but this love is different than the last time. now i dont know if i love him truly the way i should or not. he is so different from my ex. but so adorable...its all confusing. and a part of me thinks that if my ex came back on the scene, i would be at a total loss for what to do. i wouldnt know who to be with.

should i avoid this confusion and stay away from men altogether?

Yes it's possible to love more than one person at a time! I love my husband but I fell head over heals in love with a woman in June. It's not the first time this has happened to me. It's two different kinds of love.

The normal love is usually for long term relationships e.g. marriage when the years have passed. The I've fallen in love feeling is you can't eat, you can't sleep and you daydream about that person.

Hope this explanation has helped. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Take care.

Yes it's possible to love more than one person at a time! I love my husband but I fell head over heals in love with a woman in June. It's not the first time this has happened to me. It's two different kinds of love.

The normal love is usually for long term relationships e.g. marriage when the years have passed. The I've fallen in love feeling is you can't eat, you can't sleep and you daydream about that person.

Hope this explanation has helped. Feel free to PM me anytime.

Take care.

Note the words in bold. Exceptional case i feel.

I knew someone would pick up on that one so here's another example.

When I was married to my first husband I still loved him but the relationship was finished. However, I did fall in love at first sight with the husband I'm with now. I've been married to him for 13 years. I'm not in love with him anymore but I do love him!

Yes, at present I'm having problems! I don't know if I'm bi? I thought I was gay when I was young. Now I'm in such a mess It's ripping me apart!

you said this love is different from the last time. well..thats cause you never love the same way twice. and a part of you will always love him cause he was your first love. dont give up on men all together. given time, you'll see the big picture and will come to see who you wanna be with..this relationship is more stable than the last right? because your last was on again off again. hope everything turns out alright for you.

*Sarah*

I don't think it's possible to love two people the same. I'm not talking about loving your friends or family, but the romantic love. My mom told me once when I thought I had this problem "if you think you love them both, chances are you dont love either."

I wouldnt avoid the situation. If you have to choose between the two, Ask yourself, when you're sad, who do you think of going to first? Do the same for when you're happy. If both are teh same guy, good job. If not, I'd stay with the guy you go to with sadness...because in life there are more shadows than happiness, and too many people can share happiness with you. In saddness, there arent many wishing to share your burden with you. So when you're sad, who comes to your mind first?

I have been trying to find the answer to this question. Can you love two people?

JynX wrote

I'm not talking about loving your friends or family, but the romantic love. My mom told me once when I thought I had this problem "if you think you love them both, chances are you dont love either."

I agree