new guy has caught my eye ...

Jaela

Hi guys, i just met this guy at a Bar BQ that I really like, who is the roommate of a guy friend of mine. He is very attractive, warm and funny. I received wonderful vibes from being around him, and we seemed to really hit if off nicely. In fact, he recently left for South Korea on business and called my friend asking about me while he was gone! Apparently he remembered meeting me, and was intrigued. He wanted to see me again when he returned, and asked if my friend could set something up 'by accident', so that we could both bump into each other again. Now, the problem is, I'm really shy! maybe he is too? This guy will be back from Korea in a few days, and my friend wants to set something up for a friday. I'm getting all jittery thinking about it. He left quite an impression on me, but I'm not quite sure how to read him yet. I'm so nervous about seeing him again, but excited as well. I haven't dated in over a year. I keep telling myself I need to be brave, and go see him again, and kick some butt. I can do this, right??

Of course you can do this! Go for it. Meet up with him, be yourself and leave a lasting impression. Aim for friends maybe you will get a relationship, who knows. Try not to be nervious these things are never as bad as they seem. It looks like he is interested in you too so that always works in your favour.

Good Luck,

~S.

Thanks for the uplifting reply, Silvermanic. I've been going through an extremely painful breakup these past few months, an on and off again relationship that was seriously unhealthy. Now I'm feeling a bit gun shy with men in general. I suppose it's best just to relax and see where things lead. I'll try my hardest to push my anxiety aside. Wish me luck, guys!

Good luck, Jaela. I'm sure you'll do just fine. Try to keep him talking. Nothing builds a connection faster than lots of conversation.

SilverManic, a question.

Aim for friends maybe you will get a relationship, who knows.

Say a woman aims for and gets friendship, but wants more. How does the guy know that she wants more?