Hi, Im 18 years old.... I had sex for the first time in June. Ever since then, my periods have been kinda weird. The first period came on time, but was light and lasted for 4 days. The second period (the one Im sort of on now) is late, 8 or 9 days now, and I have had light bleeding off and on for the past 3 days. I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative, so I know Im not pregnant. But I cant figure out why my periods are so wacked out the past 2 months, ever since I started having sex. Could it be a change in horemones or something? They are usually 5-6 days with normal flowing. Now they're just all over the place it seems like. Any advice is appreciated.

Have you ever seen an OB/GYN? I would advise going in for a check up. It could just be a hormonal imbalance. Sometimes they prescribe a low dose birth control for irregularities like that. Also, did you have protected sex? Just because you are bleeding and got a neg. from a pregnancy test doesn't necessarily mean anything. I would go to the doctor just to be safe.

There is a slight chance that you could be pregrant even though you took a test. The test may have been incorrect for some reason, or the egg may not have been fertilised at the time you took the test?

It could well also be hormones. Not really an expert..

No, I havent been to an OB/GYN. I was actually waiting for this period to come and pass and then make an appt. But I have no idea what its going to do. Im not on B/C pills yet, but we never have had unprotected sex. If I dont start in the next day or so, should i take another test?

I would still recommend going to an OB/GYN. Sometimes those home pregnancy tests are inaccurate. I had that happened to me (a false negative) and it turns out that I was indeed pregnant. It's usually advised to visit an OB once you've become sexually active anyway.

It could be that you're so worried you haven't started that the stress is stopping it from happening! It happened to me!

I went with my boyfriend to stay at his sister's. She put us in single beds. When he knew she was asleep he snook into my bed and cuddled me. He said he knew something was wrong but I couldn't tell him. (A man had been playing with my hair although I didn't want him to and I hadn't known what to do! He was in the same organisation as me!)

We were both virgins! Notice I said were! I hadn't been relaxed enough (I wasn't ready to go down the sex road!) so I didn't know if we had or we hadn't! I was worried sick until the day my period was due. It never failed, it was always the same day. Guess what, it didn't! I confided in an older work colleague and she told me to relax. Two days later I walked into the office with a big grin on my face!

Please take my advice and relax! Go out have a few drinks. A few hours of fun could make all the difference!

Keep your chin up. Let us know how you get on.