I met a girl about 3 years ago while working at a bar. We seemed to have this chemistry right from the beginning, but we have had just horrible timing. When we met, she was with a guy, and I was single. Then when her and her boyfriend broke up, she came to me, but I had just started seeing someone. About a year ago, my girlfriend and I broke up, and I called her up. We had a date scheduled, but it had to be cancelled due to a death of one of her friends. Before we could reschedule something, my ex and I reconciled and we got back together.

Well, my ex and I broke up for good in April this year...and I've been thinking of calling this girl up. Only the problem is I haven't spoken to her in about 8 months, I don't know if she even still lives around here, and I don't know if it will be strange if I call. I have always felt this chemistry between us, but I think that might be really weird to just get a call out of the blue. Should I call, or is there another way I can pull this off...like sending a text message or something? Anything? And if I do call, and get voicemail, should I leave a message??? I'm frustrated!

Hey There honestly...GO FOR IT...the time may be perfect now. There has to be some reason she is still in your mind. Worst thing you could ever do is not follow up on it.....even if it turns out there was nothing in it....this way you will never have any what ifs to haunt you. I agree with the post before that you just ring casually, make it a friendly catch up call and find out where she is at ...if she is hooked up or single....if she is single..then you can start building a friendship with her again and see where it takes you.

ACTUALLY DONT U DARE NOT AT LEAST CALL HER OR ILL COME KICK UR BUTT.

LOL!!!

Ok, so I am going to call her this weekend sometime. Here's the question though...If I get voicemail, which I'm sure I probably will (I don't think she's going to answer after not hearing from me for 8 months...she'll probably want to get my voicemail and hear what I have to say first), what do I say on it? I guess the obvious thing is just telling her I'm calling to see how she's been and catch up. Is there anything I should or shouldn't say???

If your feelin' that she's feelin' you, what do you have to lose? So what if it's out of the blue, if she's feelin' you (which is more than likely from the sound of it) she'll get it. It's not like she's repulsed by you -- you have a chance! I'd send a text message if I were you just because I've leaved messages on peoples voicemails before and they never call back...unless it's there cellphone because it alerts you that you have messages and what not so yeah, go for it.