Anyone here been diagnosed with High Risk HPV

I was just wondering if anyone girls or guys girlfriends have been diagnosed with high risk HPV which is NOT genital warts it causes cervical changes and can eventually cause cervical cancer. I ended up getting diagnosed after a pap smear in february and I got it from my current bf of almost 2 years my DR. wants to watch it for the next two years and see if it goes away on it's own I was just wondering if anyone else was dealing with this and what kind of treatment they have had and if they stopped having sex with their partners basically any kind of feedback will be helpful. I know it's pretty common my Dr. said like 1 in 4 sexually active people aged 16 to 28 had it.

Anyways Thanks for the input

Yes, my roomate has the disease.. he is a male. I heard it really doesn't affect males but the females do eventually lead to cervical cancer. The girl that gave it to him is still probably spreading her legs.. dumb sl*t.. anyways, he has gotten checked and he doesnt have sex with randoms girls.. he has a g/f but practices safe sex, or at least from what he says.

there are forums and chats for those diagnosed with certain viruses.

i googled this for you link removed

goodluck hun & take care of yourself.

HPV doesnt necessarily mean you will get cervical cancer. keep your immune system up and make some healthy changes in your lifestyle.

-DG724

My best friend was diagnosed with it about 10 years ago, she is fine and gets normal paps now. It is correct that it does not necessarily mean that you will get cervical cancer, your doctor will monitor you closely for awhile and will be on top of anything abnormal that shows up

Here's some additional information that you might find helpful.

link removed