Really stressed right now, almost lost my cool

Ok, so tonight when I came home I had a HUGE argument with my so called "property manager". I own an apartment which is part of a strata lot. Included with the lot is a parking stall, which I havn't been using since I havn't had a licensed car for about 5 months Tonight I come home and one of HIS vehicles was parked in my spot.

A little back story, this guy has been on my case ever since I've moved into my place (which was in May of 2003). I havn't had any complaints from any of the other residents (which are mostly renters, I am one of the few owners in the complex actually living here) but he has hounded me for various things over the past two years.

Recently he complained about my visitors coming and going out of the parking lot, they were too LOUD and they parked in my stall. I got them to quiet down and they now park in visitors parking, but him and I had an argument about that.

Anyways, I really laid into him tonight, stating facts from the bylaws for the Strata and such. I know I had him because he hesitated on several occasions when I asked him for proof of this and that.

Needless to say, I have drafted up a letter which I am contemplating on sending to the council or to the city, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Is anyone here from BC and/or familiar with the strata laws of this area? I'm going to talk to some friends at the city tomorrow and also call the Strata offices in the morning, but right now I am just fumming and I need to release some pent up aggression.

Just tired of this [censored] pushing me around...anyone here a lawyer?

I have posted the letter I drafted up below. It's a real quick draft but gives the jist of what happened.

==============================================

July 14th 2005

Jordan Friesen, Owner

XX-XXXXX XXXXXXXX Drive

Chilliwack, BC

X0X 0X0

To the Strata Council (or whom it may concern),

On the above date, July 14th of 2005, at approximately 9:15PM I arrived home from the Rosedale area of Chilliwack, BC. I arrived at the complex, located at XXXXXXXXX, and found a vehicle, other than my own, parked in my designed parking stall. Upon visual identification, the vehicle was that of Gary or Gail Dressen, Gary being the 'Agent for the Owners' of the Strata complexs located at XXXXXXX and XXXXXXXXX.

When I politely asked for the vehicle to be removed from my spot, in accordance with strata bylaw 4.3(Y) under "Strata Plan LMS 528", he offered to remove the vehicle. Upon returning with his keys, he stated to me that the parking stalls were not property of the owners but were rather common property and I had no rights to my parking stall.

On the first page of "Rules and Regulations for Owners/Residents of McIntosh Place - LMS 528" item 4 specifically states "One parking stall is assigned to each unit upon receipt of a copy of the vehicle registration." Since the vehicle parked in my stall was not legally registered to me, the vehicle was thereby in breach of the Strata bylaws and subject to be towed.

Upon repeated requests to move the vehicle from my stall, Mr.Dressen refused and asked for the registration of the vehicle I was driving. I did not provide said registration as I have not once been asked for it for any of the other vehicles I've owned (which totalled five vehicles in all). When I asked why I was now obliged to provide this information when I had never previously been asked, his response was 'Courtesy'.

When I asked if any other owners/residents had provided their vehicle registration, Mr. Dressen said that he did not have their registration but could provide them. When I inquired further he replied that he did not have any copies currently.

As I did not desire to provide my registration until I was satisfied that all owners/residents had also provided their vehicle registrations, I was forced to park my vehicle in the vistor parking area.

I would like to bring this matter forward to the Council and know what can be done to ensure that all owners/residents can follow the rules and not have to deal with such conflicts.

Sincerely,

Jordan C. Friesen

Owner of Strata lot XX at XXXXX XXXXXXXX Drive

Chilliwack, BC

X0X 0X0

• 3 weeks later...

It's been awhile since you posted this, so I'm sure you have already done something. However, have the other renters make complaints about him too, or is it just you?

Basically, it's not good when neighbors are arguing. However, I don't know that sending the letter will really do any good. They won't have proof unless this other guy admits to it.

It's ashame that you and this guy argue a lot. If you want your experience living in this place to be pleasant, then I suggest just cooperating with this guy. Don't argue back. If you feel like he is being unreasonable, is there anyone you can call like the person you rent from? I don't know if this is the guy you rent from, but if it is, then he's basically the one "in charge". If you don't like the way he is, then maybe you should consider moving.