Male/female sex drive? What is "normal?

I think I have an above-average sex drive. However, this creates disappointment with my relationship, since my GF would rather have sex 2-3 times per week most weeks. If I had my way, we'd be doing it at least once in the morning, once in the evening, and maybe once or twice in the daytime.

I've heard different opinions on male/female sex drive, but what do you guys/girls think? Is my sex drive really above average, or are all guys that horny? Is my GF's sex drive below average, or is 2-3 times a week normal for a woman? We're both in our early 20's, BTW. I've never lived with a girlfriend before, so I don't really know what is average or healthy, or "normal". If a difference in sex drive is "normal" than what do guys do about it? She says how great it is and everything.

I love her, but it's difficult always feeling unsatisfied, and wondering a few times a day if I'd be happier with another woman.

Yeah I can kinda be like that too sometimes, I just get the drive and I want it so bad. But depending on where we are we dont get around to it. I dont want my gf to think that having sex is the basis of our relationship cuz it isnt i really care about her and love her a lot.

Personally I'd love to have it 2-3x a day at the least, and sometimes multiple times in the span of an hour or two at night if I didn't do anything that day. My current ex-gf loved it as much as I did if not more than I did, and once she wanted it so many times repeatedly (with 10 min breaks so I could at least recoop a bit) that my member just gave out on me... couldn't get hard anymore and it was painful. Anyway, that was a time of severe overkill (8x or 9x that day, if I remember correctly), but it was great. My old ex-gf before her was the total opposite. If we had sex it was one time, and usually once that day. Sometimes she'd only want it once every 2-3 days, and wasn't very adventurous (ie only wanted to lie on her back and let me do everything). My current ex-gf loved to be dominated and loved to take control so she was exciting in bed.

It all depends on the person, my friend. I think if the guy is willing to go all day (which is usually the case) then you just need to find a woman that is willing to do that with you without having feelings of "am I a sex toy to him?". Unfortunately those kinds of thoughts creep into a woman's head all too often.

I think sex drive for women waxes and wanes like the shifting of the tides with her hormones.

Here's a good rule of thumb for you guys out there...

Women have a tendency to have a higher drive around their ovulation time. Usually about days 10-14. The way you count this is the day she starts her period counts as day number 1. You'll find that around day's 10-14 her drive is extremely high. Good news for you...but bad in another respect. This is also a GREAT time for her to get pregnant....LOL... sorry guys, thats the way the human body works. Evolution. So use extreme caution in preventing the inevitable.

Sex drive is also dependant on many other factors. Such as 'Stress' factors and depression. If you have a person who is under a great great deal of stress or is depressed, they are just not going to be with it. and yesssssssss........ sex is a wonderful mood enhancer and stress reliever. But the mind is a stronger entiity. If your GF can't get her head around whatever is ailing her...the last thing she'll be thinking about is wooopeee.

What makes for a great sex life... personally I'd have to say its not quantity but quality. Quickies are great, not knocking them. But if you have at the very least... one steamy night a week. Thats quality.

Hey.... after having experienced major lulls in my sex life... one steamy night a week would be a dream. lol. oK... with a few quickies here and there thrown in for good measure.

Also its not all about the act. An orgasm is great...but the build up is better. All the stuff that happens before it. Building each others ego's with looks, glances, touches, small intimicies. Making each other feel good about themselves, wanted, loved, cherished...etc etc. The build up... foundation....and of course the foreplay and pre-lude into sex.

How you feel about each other and the depth of emotion.

Ok did I veer from the quesiton and what the NORM is???????? hmmmm.... well... I think that depends on the people and the chemistry. What may be normal for one person is not normal for another. Or from couple to couple. Age is also a factor I believe. Men's libido's are at an all time high in thier 20's. And there's a steady decline in the 30's. Where as womens libido's peak in their mid 30's.... I call it gods little joke on us... sssheeeshhh... you'd think we'd be built to be on the same page.

• 1 month later...
but the build up is better. All the stuff that happens before it. Building each others ego's with looks, glances, touches, small intimicies. Making each other feel good about themselves, wanted, loved, cherished...etc etc. The build up... foundation....and of course the foreplay and pre-lude into sex.

so true! at least for us women!

Men's libido's are at an all time high in thier 20's. And there's a steady decline in the 30's. Where as womens libido's peak in their mid 30's.... I call it gods little joke on us... sssheeeshhh... you'd think we'd be built to be on the same page.

well maybe 30something women should be marrying 20something guys, and not the other way around!

I keep seeing messages about other females only wanting sex like every once in a while... I'm starting to think I'm mentally Ill or something because I want it Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and Days seem to drone on without it, I start to feel depressed like something is wrong with me...My Boyfriend laughs at me because I'm such a hornball and it's very frustrating.

I keep seeing messages about other females only wanting sex like every once in a while... I'm starting to think I'm mentally Ill or something because I want it Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and Days seem to drone on without it, I start to feel depressed like something is wrong with me...My Boyfriend laughs at me because I'm such a hornball and it's very frustrating.

What's even worse is my boyfriend is the sweetest man i've ever met and when we do , do it, it's the best ever, it just seems soo rare. I love him to pieces in almost every other way.

• 8 months later...