Okay where should i start? Well I am 16 years old and I like this guy Ryan. I have liked him for a really long time. I am going into 11th grade and I have liked this guy since i was 13 (8th grade). I think that if I have liked him for 3 years that that is a little more than a crush. The problem is I just can't bring myself to tell him or anyone else, except my best friend, Jessica. I think he likes me too but i am not sure. My biggest fear is being rejected by him, probably because I have spent all this time liking him, a lot. I tried to have my friend ask him recently and she did but his answers seemed really mixed so i am still not sure. I guess the problem is that i am too afraid to tell him my real feelings. Oh and to make things worse he went out with my friend Kelly for a short time and I think that Kelly thinks that it is Jessica's and my fault that they broke up. When Kelly asked me if I liked Ryan I said no because i did not want to hurt her, but I really like this guy. So should I tell him (which I really don't think I can do)? How can I find out if he likes me, without just asking(because i am sooo shy)? And what about Kelly? Even though they are broken up I think she still has feelings for Ryan and I know that she would be upset that I lied to her about liking him. I am so confused right now and I just need some help. Thank you for listening to me! Please Reply!

Lacy

ask yourself

WHO IS MORE IMPORTANT

1. YOUR FRIENDS THAT YOU WILL PROBABLY HAVE FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS OR THAT YOU KNOW FOR SO LONG

2. A GUY THAT U LIKE FOR OVER 3 YEARS WHILE ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS WAS DATING HIM.

3. BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY IF YOU TELL HIM YOUR FRIEND KELLY WILL BE ANGRE WITH YOU.

4. AND HE MIGHT USE YOU TO GET BACK AT KELLY

5. U MAY LOSE YOU FRIENDS

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY IF YOU DON'T TELL HIM THEN YOU HAVE BOTH YOU FRIENDSHIP WITH YOU FRIENDS AND YOU CAN STILL SPEND TIME WITH THE GUY AS FRIEND PROBABLY GOING TO THE MOVIES.

Dear Starlightnbright,

Honesty is the best policy. It will be best for you to face your fear of rejection. I know it will be difficult since I have been through similar situations. Let him know how you feel if he returns the feelings then great. If he doesn't then you will know for sure how he feels about you and move on. Closure is very important in situations like this.

Let me share something with you. With my very first crush I had sent him a secret admirer letter letting him know that I was interested. Since he didn't know my friends I just had one of them deliver it to him. I was eventually caught with one of his reply letters and we became friends. Since he was two years older we had different groups of friends and found it easier to get to know each other through letters. I never went out with him but I realized that I was much happier and relieved since I had told him how I felt. I was disappointed for awhile that I couldn't be with him but had no regrets since I ended up with a great friend.

After that whenever I had a crush on a guy I went up and told him because I didn't want to be left thinking about does he or does he not. It always made me feel better afterwards because I got straight answers from them. Some rejected me and it was a little disappointing but I was able to say that I tried and now I have no regrets because I know how they felt.

The point is that if you don't let him know and get a straight answer from him you will leave yourself in limbo. As for your friend yes she would be angry with you but do the decent thing and talk to her about it first. Apologize from the heart for lying to her. Then let this guy know how you feel. If you can tell he's a great guy somebody else will and go for him like your friend kelly did and you will most likely miss out. Follow your heart.

Sincerley,

Ephemeral